Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're going to ask a friend to do a favor for you...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM
  • 2 Replies

I've been making a lot of new friends in  the town I live in, which is totally awesome. I met a woman who actually resides in an apartment complex just down the street from me. Yesterday she sent me a text asking if I would be willing to run to meet a woman she had purchased a toy from for her daughter over at our aquatic center. Which is just about a  5 minute drive from me. She goes to school and her husband had completely forgotten that at the time she was supposed to meet with this woman to pick up the toy for her daughter, was when the cable man was coming by to set up their cable. So me being me, I said sure. I went to the aquatic center waited for this woman who said she would be waiting by the pool (I'm assuming she took her kids swimming) So I knew to look for a woman with multiple kids. There was a woman who was pushing a girl on the wsings, so I walked up and asked her if she was supposed to meet with my friend at 1, she simply said it wasn't her and helped me sort of look around for any other moms, or people with kids. Which, is sort of tough when y ou're next to a middle school and elementary school. I'm assuming her kids aren't in either, because they were supposedly going swimming.

I wait around for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes searching, it was nearly 80's degrees, and this aquatic center in in a huge park. . . I wasn't going to scale this entire park for a woman who said she would be at the aquatic center. I was where my friend told me this woman said she would be, and she never showed up.

My son was getting pretty fussy, I had been looking, sitting, waiting for nearly an hour. . . I got up and left. When I got home I sent my girlfriend a text letting her know the only traces of people I saw were kids playing in a playground at school, an elderly woman swimming in the heated pool, in the heated aquatic center with it being 80 degrees outside and a mom swinging her kids, none of which were the woman I was looking for. I asked her what the woman was driving, she had no clue. I asked what the woman looked like, she had no clue. So I was searching int he park looking for person, after person. . . and she had NO clue what this lady looked like or what she drove!

So now, she is upset with me and ignoring me. I don't get it. I mean, there was no point in the first place for me to ask what this woman looked like or drove, because she had no clue. I told her I was sorry, maybe she could findo ut what she drove and meet up with her another time, because I had stayed at the place she said she would be and then some (searching the vasinity of the park I was in which was located by the aquatic center)

I know it was just as easy for me to ask my friend what this woman looked like or what her vehicle looked like, but in the first place you would think if after my friend had never met this lady, she would have asked what she drove or something, especially if she wasn't the one who was going out to pick this item up. If this makes me a horrible friend for not waiting for endless hours in a heated aquatic center or 80 degree weather then so be it.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AJB163
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM

BUMP

mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I think you went above and beyond for her. It's not your fault the lady didn't show up! Sorry she's treating you badly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)