Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got a suprize in the mail today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

SOs mom sent me a birthday card. She signed it Love, Mom

I have never met her. She lives on the other side of the country. I've spoken to her through an e-mail once. He doesn't even talk to her all that much, and they were never close.

We've been dating for almost 10 months. We do live together though.

She didn't ask him when my birthday is or anything about my personality (the card she picked fits me perfectly). 

I'm shocked and plesently suprised that she sent me a card. I just think it's kinda weird that she signed it love mom. He didn't even get a card on his birthday from her!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Ummm. I dont know what to say besides don't talk about a relationship of all those years when  you have only known him 10 months and be happy she is making a effort to be part of  you as well..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Doubt this comes from a place of love, likely a bit of cyber stalking and passive aggresive intentions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM

huh? I never said anything about a relationship of all these years. and actually I've known him for 10 years, but we just started dating 10 months ago. And I am happy she's making an effort. It just suprized me that she signed it Love, Mom....where I've never met her, or even spoken to her really. It would be different if her and I were close or SO and I were dating forever.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Ummm. I dont know what to say besides don't talk about a relationship of all those years when  you have only known him 10 months and be happy she is making a effort to be part of  you as well..

Grumpylilpixy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I dont know ask him. Its his mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

huh? I never said anything about a relationship of all these years. and actually I've known him for 10 years, but we just started dating 10 months ago. And I am happy she's making an effort. It just suprized me that she signed it Love, Mom....where I've never met her, or even spoken to her really. It would be different if her and I were close or SO and I were dating forever.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

jigsaw ribbon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM

it suprized him too

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Grumpylilpixy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Then take it as she would like a relationship with the both of you and maybe get close.

Quoting Anonymous:

it suprized him too

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

jigsaw ribbon

xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Maybe she's trying to make a good impression. My MIL sent us a Christmas/birthday card filled with money(my birthday is dec. 27 and my daughters is dec 28). That wouldn't have surprised me except she sent me 300 for birthday, 200 for christmas, 200 for daughter and 75 for my husband. My BIL only got 75 to split between him and his daughter. My husband and my brother in law were both like pretty damn jelly. hahaha

squeekers
by squeekers on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

you might not have mailed one for her birthday, but you should remember some kind of card for mother's day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM

she hasn't had a birthday yet. I already planned on getting 4 mothers day cards. One for my mom, one for my EX mil (we were close and still talk all the time), one for SOs grandma (who is like a mother to him, and who I adore!), and one for his mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM

damn girl! This one didn't have any money or anything. Which I don't care about. I was just suprised as heck that she sent a card at all for my birthday, and kinda like um....huh about her signing it love mom. But hey it was a plesent suprize and a nice thought.

Quoting xomrsweaver:

Maybe she's trying to make a good impression. My MIL sent us a Christmas/birthday card filled with money(my birthday is dec. 27 and my daughters is dec 28). That wouldn't have surprised me except she sent me 300 for birthday, 200 for christmas, 200 for daughter and 75 for my husband. My BIL only got 75 to split between him and his daughter. My husband and my brother in law were both like pretty damn jelly. hahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)