Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pledge of Allegiance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

When you were in school did you say the Pledge every morning? I did up until 5th grade, than an announcement came on stating that we were no longer going to say the Pledge of Allegiance together. 

I'm still angry and upset about them banning the Pledge from (SOME) schools..WHY did our schools do that? No wonder there is more and more terrorism. Is nobody is proud to be an American anymore?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Our school did it. 

I only stand for it and that is about it. My son sat down for it during school and he actually got in trouble for it. He had his reasons and, IMO, he should not have been forced to do something he was against. 

RiotousDigits
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

you can still be patriotic without reciting a poem everyday.

Jeni1124
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I just registered my daughter for Kindergarten. The pledge is posted in the office and learning the pledge is on the agenda for the beginning of the year. I assume that they receite it every morning as my schools did all the way through graduation, but I didn't specifically ask. I'd think if it is on the agenda its there because they do it.

HisMommy4Ever
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Hmmm yeah I did when I was little. Once I got to High School I didn't anymore but I would stand up. I didn't know they banned it now...I'm not in school anymore so i don't know if they're doing that here in california...

RiotousDigits
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

he was in the right.  the schools cannot punish a child for not saying the pledge.

if it's an ongoing issue, i'd bring it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our school did it. 

I only stand for it and that is about it. My son sat down for it during school and he actually got in trouble for it. He had his reasons and, IMO, he should not have been forced to do something he was against. 

MamaK313
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Still say it every morning at the school where I work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I know and I agree. I did say something and as far as I am aware (because he never said anything else about it) it was solved. 

He's not in school anymore, he's 20 yrs old now. :)

Quoting RiotousDigits:

he was in the right.  the schools cannot punish a child for not saying the pledge.

if it's an ongoing issue, i'd bring it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our school did it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM
"under god"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM

How can you be against your own country???  Stand up, it shows respect. You don't have to speak it, it;s like when you are invited to dinner and they say a prayer but you don't have to join, just be respectful. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Our school did it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Um, read my post again! I'm not against our country. I said I do stand up for it and that is about it. I refuse to say the pledge. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How can you be against your own country???  Stand up, it shows respect. You don't have to speak it, it;s like when you are invited to dinner and they say a prayer but you don't have to join, just be respectful. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Our school did it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)