• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

even if i had nothing to do with her miscarriage i can be accused of murder!*EDIT*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: do you agree with this

Options:

yes

no

undecided

i agree with some of it but not all of it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/tennessee-miscarriage-about-to-be-murder-after-legislature-passes-bill/politics/2012/04/24/38401

that is the link i got the story from..

heres an excerpt from it ..

The Tennessee House last week voted 80-18 to make miscarriage — or the killing of any fertilized egg — murder. Last night, the Tennessee Senate passed by a 28-2 margin a companion version of the bill. The bill specifically includes all embryos “at any state of gestation in utero.” Tennessee’s Republican Governor Bill Haslam has not indicated if he will sign the bill.

To be clear, this bill goes further than covering, say, a violent attacker harming an expectant mother who then, unfortunately, miscarries. This bill, House Bill 3517 and the Senate’s companion, makes anyone’s actions that presumably cause a miscarriage murder. Opponents of the bill question how law enforcement would actually enforce this law or determine if someone’s action was a direct cause of a miscarriage.

it also says ....

Including Tennessee, 38 states have fetal homicide laws — 23 of which apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy. As a result of these laws, some women are being unfairly charged with harming their unborn children when they lose their babies during pregnancy.

now i realize this may get alot of response so if i dont reaply to all of you im sorry ...but i also just see this as an open discussion as well so i might not really need to reply to everyone anyways.

***im personally against this bill becuase of how vauge it is i agree that a women who is attacked and miscarries becuase of it should be able to have thoe people arrested and charged. i dont agree with a women who had miscarried naturally and had nothing to do with be charged.***

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM

im pro choice... never had an abortion. but wouldnt that make abortion murder too?

Chuckydoodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I think this law is more about making a woman miscarry, when she wasn't in the mind to abort. 

Quoting Anonymous:

im pro choice... never had an abortion. but wouldnt that make abortion murder too?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Ive dealt with several cases oddly enough recently where a guy or his family (one case twin sister) or friends will attack a pregnant girl in an attempt to make her miscarry because she wont abort. In those cases I fully think a major charge is needed to change that. I also feel women who do illegal drugs and hurt there babies should have some sort of legal repercussions because I've cared for babies like that and its heart breaking to hold a 2 day old who is detoxing from crack.
however im not sure about the rest of the law and wording. I will be back once I read it all in full.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

im pro choice as well and same never had an abortion either ...but  you have a point there.

angelbaby1977
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I would only agree with the bill if it was for those that kill your unborn child, as in a pregnant woman is stabbed in the belly causing miscarriage, etc. that bill looks a little too vague on specifics to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlmostFamous
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I chose undecided, only because it would be good to have laws for this in situations where the mother was attacked, etc, but ppl will play the blame game, how would they be able to know if a baby was miscarried naturally or if it was a result of someone else in a situation where there was no attack, just a he said she said sort of situation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I agree with the intent of the law, but the wording needs to be more specific. An attack against a pregnant woman, should definitely be charged, but there needs to be a clear line drawn. Will they charge a woman if she miscarries after having a drink? What if she doesnt know she is pregnant yet? What about forgoing prenatal care? Would that constitute intentional neglect leading to misscarriage? As the law stands right now it is to vague
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ive dealt with several cases oddly enough recently where a guy or his family (one case twin sister) or friends will attack a pregnant girl in an attempt to make her miscarry because she wont abort. In those cases I fully think a major charge is needed to change that.
however im not sure about the rest of the law and wording. I will be back once I read it all in full.

i  agree people attacking a women to make her miscarry should be arrestted and charged.. but you cant always prove the cause of miscarriage so a women who just miscarried and cant explain why could end up being accused of murder thats what i dont agree with.

i agree with some aspects of the bill but not all but they should make the bill more specific.

Jennifer_57
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM
It needs revised to cover the spectrum of someone attacking a woman causing miscarriage. Otherwise if you have a miscarriage, you had better hope you havent been consuming caffiene, been around smoke, doing anything other than walking, etc. because they will easily say you killed your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Quoting angelbaby1977:

I would only agree with the bill if it was for those that kill your unborn child, as in a pregnant woman is stabbed in the belly causing miscarriage, etc. that bill looks a little too vague on specifics to me.

i agree with you ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)