Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does it upset you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

For the moms who are against seeing woman nurse in public, does it bother you when you see a picture of a woman breast feeding in the "talk about" part of your homepage?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM

no I have better things to be upset about

angelbaby1977
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Not against nursing in public so no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM

It doesn't bother me, but I know it is a huge debate here and I was wondering IF it did bother some of the woman on here.

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I don't have a problem with nursing in public.

Today at the market I did see a woman who was not nursing (her infant was in the cart) and her boob was hanging out. I thought that was a bit much and it kind of seemed a little 'hey I want you to notice and say something so I can get upset.' I just shrugged and moved on. Her armpit boob, her prerogative.

ReadWriteLuv
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM

It doesn't upset me, it does make me groan and roll my eyes. I made a whole post about it a couple of months ago and got roasted for it. 

I don't care how anyone feeds their kids, I just can't for the life of me figure out why you want to take up, close, and personal pics of it and then post them for the world to see. If you are in public, I can look away. When it pops up in Cafemom threads it's like my eyes are being assulted with it.

sarah7181
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Quoting Momniscient:

Today at the market I did see a woman who was not nursing (her infant was in the cart) and her boob was hanging out. I thought that was a bit much and it kind of seemed a little 'hey I want you to notice and say something so I can get upset.' I just shrugged and moved on. Her armpit boob, her prerogative.

How old did that baby look? I only ask because when my daughter was tiny, I was nursing in walmart, with two older children and was beuong exhausted and stressed. I totally forgot to recoil my nursing tank. I didn't realize til I was back in the car, and omg I was mortified!! Lol so, Its possible it might not have been intentional. Oh, and when that happened to me, I had been using a nursing cover. I just didn't remember to reclip after I removed the cover, lol.
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Quoting sarah7181:

Quoting Momniscient:

How old did that baby look? I only ask because when my daughter was tiny, I was nursing in walmart, with two older children and was beuong exhausted and stressed. I totally forgot to recoil my nursing tank. I didn't realize til I was back in the car, and omg I was mortified!! Lol so, Its possible it might not have been intentional. Oh, and when that happened to me, I had been using a nursing cover. I just didn't remember to reclip after I removed the cover, lol.

Oh he was a little guy, infant not more than 3 or 4 months I would think. It coulda been totally accidental but she kept kind of touching her boob (brushing it with her hand as she was playing with her phone) so it seemed she knew it was there. lol.

I dunno-it sounds like I was scrutinizing her, but I was more amused by the poor checkout boy who was trying so hard to be polite in the face of boobage. Poor kid. I was trying to run interference for him by asking about his day and distracting him :)

la_bella_vita
by Mrs. Tennant on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Public nursing does not bother me so no

sarah7181
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Quoting Momniscient:

Bwahaha! I'd like to think if I touched it, i'd realize I was still exposed! Poor guy. Lol
Had to edit typos. Sorry, I have a 5 day old baby. I'm claiming sleep deprivation.
GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Ha ha ha. I remember that. You were skewered. But you held your own and weren't hateful about it.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

It doesn't upset me, it does make me groan and roll my eyes. I made a whole post about it a couple of months ago and got roasted for it. 

I don't care how anyone feeds their kids, I just can't for the life of me figure out why you want to take up, close, and personal pics of it and then post them for the world to see. If you are in public, I can look away. When it pops up in Cafemom threads it's like my eyes are being assulted with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)