Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I struggle with weight loss

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

There. I said it. I currently weight 269 lbs and can't seem to get below it. I've tried Weight Watchers, Herbal Magic, counting my calories, measuring my food, watching my carbs, EVERYTHING.

I don't eat much junk. Mostly fruit, veggies and chicken.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

When is the last time you went to the doctor for a full blood work up?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Hmmm, I believe it was shortly after my YDD was born, so around 16-17 months ago. He said everything appeared normal.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

When is the last time you went to the doctor for a full blood work up?

DejaVooDoo
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Get your hormones checked. High or low sexual hormones, thyroid or cortisol can effect weight loss and weight gain.

Tinkerbellmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM

It's not just about what you eat. You need to get some type of physical activity in every day. Counting calories or dieting in itself won't do much. The only way to loose weight is to burn more calories in a day than you take in. I would suggest adding in some type of physical activity in at least 5 days a week. Even if it's just a 20 minutes walk around your neighborhood.

Good luck!

amy0306
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Excersize. If you're not active your body won't burn calories. Do free weights muscle burns more fat.
I am struggling too. But I have learned that with all of the stress I am under (middle of a divorce) I can't lose weight. Also, get a full check up. Thyroid problems make it hard to lose weight. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJB163
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Portion control. You dont have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods...

Say you have spaghetti or MAC n cheese... Or anything... Put it into a 1 cup measuring cup... You'll be surprised how much that is...if you have veggies with dinner, you can have as many veggies as you want... Just don't drown them in butter...

If you try to do 20 lunges, 20 jumping jacks and 20 sit ups...

And HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF! don't beat yourself up if you make an eating mistake... Just pick yourself up and keep going...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Same here.... sucks..I don't know what else to do...
anime.princess
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Portions!  Eat less amount of food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I do Jillian Micheals and Turbo Fire.

funmommy123
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Do you stick to the programs you are doing or do you give up after a little while? I am also trying to lose weight. I went from weighing 113lbs a few years ago to now being 153lbs. I am now doing the insanity workout. I haven't notice a physical result yet, but my stamina has gotten a lot better. Since the soctor said everything is fine, maybe continue to eat healthy & workout a few times a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)