Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I struggle with weight loss

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

There. I said it. I currently weight 269 lbs and can't seem to get below it. I've tried Weight Watchers, Herbal Magic, counting my calories, measuring my food, watching my carbs, EVERYTHING.

I don't eat much junk. Mostly fruit, veggies and chicken.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Replies (11-14):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Exercise? You can watch calories all you want, but if you are still taking in more than you burn off, you won't lose any weight...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DejaVooDoo
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Were you exercising along with your eating plans? That can play a huge factor.

The problem is also with blood testing is that it has to be "specific" to what you need it for. For example, if you are having problems losing weight with portion control and exercise; then there is more to it than just a general blood test. Some Doctors honestly don't know what kind of tests to ask for unless an anomaly shows in your bloodwork. And you can have VERY wrong hormonal levels, yet have excellent blood work in other areas. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm, I believe it was shortly after my YDD was born, so around 16-17 months ago. He said everything appeared normal.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

When is the last time you went to the doctor for a full blood work up?

angelbaby1977
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM
First off I would get a complete blood work up from your doctor for a starting point. Then you also need to be extremely careful on portion control, measure everything at first. It's amazing how different the portion really is than when you just eyeball it. Also add in exercise. You don't have to run miles a day but 20 - 30 minutes cardio will get your metabolism up and going. Watch your sodium intake and eat lots of fish if you like it. Fresh fruits and veggies. I chew gum if I feel like sticking food in my mouth, lol. Another thing is to make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Not drinking enough will actually make you think you are hungry even if you are not. One more recommendation would be to find a fitness pal. Someone that will hold you accountable and push you to do what you should do. GOOD LUCK!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Eating too many calories and not exercising enough is what you are doing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN