Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breast reduction

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Anyone ever had a breast reduction? What steps did you have to take?
Did your insurance cover it?
I want one! Details please.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chuckydoodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I'd like to know too, I am looking at possibly doing it for my daughter. 

Ebster
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I got one when I was 16. My insurance covered it and the recovery time was really quick, I was up and out in about 2 Weeks. Best decision I ever made!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Do you remember what was required for the insurance. I dont have any symptoms of pain, but I do have indents on my shoulders. I am just uncomfortable. I had small breast then after children they grew.

Quoting Ebster:

I got one when I was 16. My insurance covered it and the recovery time was really quick, I was up and out in about 2 Weeks. Best decision I ever made!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:36 PM
My daughter needs it done too.

Quoting Chuckydoodle:

Chuckydoodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Yeah, I don't see a valid reason to have a 13 year old girl sacked with DDD's poor thing, 

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter needs it done too.

Quoting Chuckydoodle:

LeahJ
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM
After years of neck and back pain, my insurance finally covered it. I have had several surgeries in my life- knee, two abdominals, gall bladder and the ruptured discs in my neck. I thought the breast reduction was a pretty rough recovery. It took me abut a month. I had an incision from arm pit to arm pit. I missed about a week of work and it was pretty hard to take care of my kids. I couldn't sleep in bed for a few weeks- had to sleep in the recliner because otherwise it pulled on the incisions. It's not a surgery where you jump up the next day and you're fine.

Even so, I would do it again in a heartbeat. It's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Setting aside vanity for a moment (the cute tops and bras i could wear!), it has just been SOOO much more comfortable. And, much to my delight, I was even able to breastfeed dd when she was born a year later. I know not everyone has that experience, but it can happen.

Anyhow, I am very very glad I did it. It's been over seven years now. The scars are there, of course, but not so noticeable anymore. and even though I nursed dd after the surgery, the boobies are still looking dang good!

Pm me if you want to. I don't remember all the details, its been a while. But if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arielsmomma1020
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I wish I could
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeahJ
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM
My insurance had a chart thing- like they had to be so many grams vs my bmi or something like that. Plus, I'd had neck and back pain, went through physical therapy, etc. My doc wanted it done to try to help my neck. The only bad thing was, it was too late. About a year after my redux, I had surgery for two ruptured discs in my neck. Boo. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you remember what was required for the insurance. I dont have any symptoms of pain, but I do have indents on my shoulders. I am just uncomfortable. I had small breast then after children they grew.

Quoting Ebster:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Ok I will...I am wanting to know some info before I talk to my doctor.
It will probably be tomorrow when I do pm you

Quoting LeahJ:

After years of neck and back pain, my insurance finally covered it. I have had several surgeries in my life- knee, two abdominals, gall bladder and the ruptured discs in my neck. I thought the breast reduction was a pretty rough recovery. It took me abut a month. I had an incision from arm pit to arm pit. I missed about a week of work and it was pretty hard to take care of my kids. I couldn't sleep in bed for a few weeks- had to sleep in the recliner because otherwise it pulled on the incisions. It's not a surgery where you jump up the next day and you're fine.

Even so, I would do it again in a heartbeat. It's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Setting aside vanity for a moment (the cute tops and bras i could wear!), it has just been SOOO much more comfortable. And, much to my delight, I was even able to breastfeed dd when she was born a year later. I know not everyone has that experience, but it can happen.

Anyhow, I am very very glad I did it. It's been over seven years now. The scars are there, of course, but not so noticeable anymore. and even though I nursed dd after the surgery, the boobies are still looking dang good!

Pm me if you want to. I don't remember all the details, its been a while. But if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.

Ebster
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I think its more so about the docs recommendation to the insurance Co. the doc took pics and had to send them in. I had indents and black marks on my shoulders, that also hurt and so did my back. They were huge!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ebster:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)