Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mandated reporter...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

if your a mandated reporter and you see abuse within your own family, would you report it, or would you go to the adult (abuser) and give them a time line to fix their behavior?

back story: i'm thinking of becoming a social worker.. but i know if my biological mother and her child moves into my area and we see them, i will see her hit her child over 10 times, threaten with a belt, etc. (i havent seen them in 2 years, but from what i hear- nothing has changed)... i'm thinking of starting the degree in Aug, not sure when they will move back.... currently, there's an abuse case against the biological mother- but if they are able to move, that will mean the state closed the case.

last time i seen them, she threatened with a belt and then told me a story that happened a few years prior, where she actually broke a wooden spoon against her kid's back (for 'punishment')... i threatened to call CPS, but within a week- she was gone (b/c of my threat- i def see it was wrong to tell her. i should've just called)... and even though there's a case against her now, again- from what i hear- her behavior and outlook on punishment hasnt changed... she truly believes she has to basically beat the child to listen... the child is only 7 years old

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)