Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing the connection with a first child after the next one comes along...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Is this a normal feeling in the first few months after having a second child? I started to feel less connected to my son while I was still pg with my daughter and I have yet to get it back (2 mos now). I cant tell if its his age range (4 yrs) that I'm having trouble connecting with or actually him. I feel like the worst mother in the world but I'm just cant seem to keep an interest in him like I used to. I want the connection back but right now I'm just going through the motions. Everything seems normal with me and the baby so I don't know if it could be PPD but any advice would be appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MeganECox
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I would talk to your doctor.. Sounds like PPD to me. 

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM

i would definately speak to your dr...

addiecakesmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I'm not sure. I never had that problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:53 PM
You most likely have ppd. My kids are 10 months apart and I was 19 when my dd was born, I had a hard time even holding dd because of the heartache and neglect I felt that I would be giving my ds because this new baby has arrived. I felt I was taking away my ds previous time to give dd because she was the baby now.

See a doctor. It does get better as it did for me. I can't imagine my life with out dd. she and my son are my world.

Talk to a doctor and see what they say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I hope so...

I feel like now that I have 2 I dont get that special time with my oldest, but I dont with get that time with my 2nd either.

watercolordance
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Honestly, I felt closer to my second child than my first. But only for a few weeks. My first child was completely ignoring me I think they were upset and didn't understand (1 years old). I truly feel it was because I had a natural birth. Plus it was the second time less scary than then the first. I love them both the same now :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)