Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I AM USING CHILD SUPPORT TO GET A MASSAGE!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And I am going to enjoy it damn it!!!  I have supported my child completely on my own since birth!  Every dime I have goes to making sure my child is cared for!  Everything I do, I do for my child! I am not complaining about caring for my child at all, but damn it, I've earned that massage and if it means that it comes out of child support then so be it!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Then you're mom did you wrong. I get child support after 8 years and you best believe AFTER my children's needs are met I get me stuff to!!!! Not all if us are like your mom!!!!!

Quoting CadesMum:

That is very sad. My mom would buy herself nice things before she bought me clothes to wear. That money is for your child not for you.

We all work hard as mothers but most of us don't steal from our kids because we "deserve" it.

CadesMum
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Maybe I am relating it to my own experiences as a child unfairly, however, it is called CHILDsupport for a reason. If she has everything she needs, then she should save thay money for her daughter. If she has leftover cs, then why not allot money that she earns herself for her massage?

Quoting moosesmom:

I'm curious. Not trying to be funny or start shit. Are you comparing her to your mother? Because she said her child was taken care of, meaning she's nothing like your mother was. And IF her child has everything they need and they are taken care of, every need is met, do you honestly think she's wrong for getting ONE massage? Just ONE.

Quoting CadesMum:

That is very sad. My mom would buy herself nice things before she bought me clothes to wear. That money is for your child not for you.

We all work hard as mothers but most of us don't steal from our kids because we "deserve" it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Why not put leftover cs in a college savings fund for the child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CadesMum
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I hope so :/ I never saw a dime of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you're mom did you wrong. I get child support after 8 years and you best believe AFTER my children's needs are met I get me stuff to!!!! Not all if us are like your mom!!!!!

Quoting CadesMum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM

No kidding.  Really?!  I didn't realize that!  SMH.

So if I paid for it with my money would it still be stealing from my child?

Quoting CadesMum:

Yep. That's part of parenthood.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stealing from my child?  Are you kidding me?  Every dime I have goes to my child.  I have forgone new glasses so that my child has clothes, shoes, food, everything they need since birth!

Quoting CadesMum:

Too.Cute
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Your not stealing from your child honey,how many times do I have to tell you. :))
wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Do what you want it with your child support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM
I can't believe how close minded some of you are!!!!!

Enjoy your massage mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Too.Cute
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Oh dear.... I'm grabbing the popcorn. This could get interesting.

You mean this will get intresting. It's cafemom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I think so too.  The pain in my neck, shoulders, and back effect how active I can be with my child because it really does hurt to do certain things, but I do it to make my child happy.  It would be nice not to be in pain any more.

Quoting Too.Cute:

Quoting CadesMum:

Im funny about things like this personally. If my princess gets a gift of 20.00 I won't send it on anything but her because it was meant for her. I do agree that a collage fund is an awesome idea but I don't think her getting a massage is a big issue. If she was buying a louis Vuitton or CRACK, I sure would. It also is not a habit of hers,it's more like a treat once in a blue moon and a happy mommy is always better than a mommy in pain :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)