Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Country moms vs. City moms

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What's the difference??

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Gravel driveway verses paved.
Bitch.please
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I'm city all the way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a country mom. To me the big difference is how over protective city moms are. I assume it is because in the city it's impossible to know everyone. Here in small town America, it is the norm. I live in the land that time forgot & kids here are raised the same way they were 20-30 years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I have been both, far prefer being a country mom. Maybe one day. :(
cheez1e
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Country momma here. Prefer it a million times over being in a town. Too many people too close, kids runnin the streets at all hours practically. Ugh, no thanks. I will take my country space where my kids can spend the day outside without me worrying about someone harassing them or "friends" practically living there while their parents are off doing whatever.

Stinks that it's half hour drive to get just about anywhere and noone delivers but I far prefer this life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I brought my children to the city last week for the first time, and lets just say, I never really thought I was a redneck until then. My kids play outside barefoot, get dirty, play in the woods, catch bugs, camp, fish, my six year old has a bb gun... I am just wondering why (some) city moms find the country lifestyle so offensive. We live differently why not just accept that... I felt like people were looking down on me the whole time, (maybe I should have rethought wearing my camo cabelas sweatshirt), however, If these same people visited my neighborhood, I wouldn't treat them with anything but kindness (unless they were mean to me or my children... that would be a whole different ball game. lol)

Simple-Beauty
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I love living in the city. There's always something to do, we never get bored.

3monkeys2love
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I would love to raise my kids in the country but I think I would miss the city life too much. To me families that live in the country are closer and spend more time together compared to the busy life the city has to offer. Smaller towns in my opinion are friendlier and a lot more relaxed. I live in Texas and there hasn't been a time that we have passed through a small country town that we weren't greeted by warm smiles and friendly hellos.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM

My country mama can kill a bee with her bare hands by squeezing it in between her fingers.  Most of the time she is not wearing shoes.  She uses phrases like, "I haven't done ____ since Skippy was a pup!" (sidenote, I still don't know who the hell Skippy is).  She was accustomed to a very significant amount of space between her and her nearest neighbor. 

City moms?  I don't know any real city moms.  I'm a suburban mom, and so are my friends.  My one "city gal" friend doesn't have kids.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I'm a country mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)