Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Country moms vs. City moms

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What's the difference??

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Replies (31-40):
amberklo
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:48 AM

ok I am both..my SILs are both soooo scared of the city one will not even spend the night and we live in a VERY quit area.my SIL was sooo scared to even let her kids go to the park.I love country life better but I can hold it down in both places.I know how to milk a cow and I can shop like no ones business.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I think the main difference is stranger awareness. In the big city I have to be constantly aware of our surroundings and more watchful of my kid. In a smaller community they get more room to run around and its safer. You can not leave your kid in the car while you pay for gas, you cant just let your kid outside to play with random friends. Just my take.

twinsforlove
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure why I did that... lol. This is one of my first posts on here, I guess after seeing how ugly people can be to eachother from some of the other posts, I chose to be anonymous. It seems like alot of the mothers on CM are on here just to cause drama.

Quoting twinsforlove:

Why do you haev to be anonymous to post this?? Seems a little stupid seeing as this isnt a very heavy post

Yah but it can cause ALOT more drama Anonymous people are seen as "trolls" and most of the time you will not be taken seriously! :/ there are a lot of bitchy hateful women on here sometimes i PRAY they dont really have kids cause they are what is wrong with America and the reason we have so many angry murders and psychos lol

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting CoolRelax:

My country mama can kill a bee with her bare hands by squeezing it in between her fingers.  Most of the time she is not wearing shoes.  She uses phrases like, "I haven't done ____ since Skippy was a pup!" (sidenote, I still don't know who the hell Skippy is).  She was accustomed to a very significant amount of space between her and her nearest neighbor. 

City moms?  I don't know any real city moms.  I'm a suburban mom, and so are my friends.  My one "city gal" friend doesn't have kids.

I think Skippy and Hector are the same guy-the profane version of that is since Christ was a Child.

OH!  That makes sense.  lol, I don't know that my mom even knows that.  It's just a phrase she's been using forever.

cowgirlsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Country moms let kids get dirty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

City mom all the way, from a long line of "city folk."

You couldn't pay me enough to live in the country, I'd be bored to tears, couldn't stand the fact that everyone would know my business (and my name).  The opportunities for me and my kids are much higher in cities - more schools, more cultural events, more shopping (ok, that's for me), more choices of friends, more diversity.  My kids have friends from all over the world - speaking languages too numerous to mention.  They're exposed to different religions, different cultures, different types of families - all of which contributes to more tolerance on their part.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM
This...my kid still plays outside and gets dirty.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

You couldn't pay me enough to live in the country, I'd be bored to tears, couldn't stand the fact that everyone would know my business (and my name).  The opportunities for me and my kids are much higher in cities - more schools, more cultural events, more shopping (ok, that's for me), more choices of friends, more diversity.  My kids have friends from all over the world - speaking languages too numerous to mention.  They're exposed to different religions, different cultures, different types of families - all of which contributes to more tolerance on their part.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Yeah - mine did too when they were little.  And when they got bigger, they had choices of 23 AP classes to take in high school.  And they aren't afraid to travel (even alone, lol), or ride public transportation, or drive in city traffic, or make small talk with people they don't know.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Sounds like just how I grew up.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Yeah - mine did too when they were little.  And when they got bigger, they had choices of 23 AP classes to take in high school.  And they aren't afraid to travel (even alone, lol), or ride public transportation, or drive in city traffic, or make small talk with people they don't know.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TWINS609
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM

We don't wear shoes in the country, and we can't just order a pizza when ever we want......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)