Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Country moms vs. City moms

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What's the difference??

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Replies (51-58):
amanda_mom89
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:55 PM
I've never lived in a big city.

The small town I grew up in didn't have a single red light. I graduated with 36 people. We didn't have public transportation, or buildings more than 2 story, and if you walked to where you needed to be you'd be walking a LONG time.

I think overall most moms are the same..but certain environments require adaptations to parenting.

In the country a mom might say "watch out for snakes in the creek bed."

Or not too long ago, when I was in high school I couldn't wait until 8 pm to use the internet if I needed it for school because it was dial up and I'd just get kicked right back off. DSL was available in places. Just not anywhere near my house.

There are just different little quirks about living in the country.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L1558
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Country girls FTW!

City moms are snobs

hahaha you gotta admit they have it better as far as driving time. I can't get anywhere "big" without 30 minutes in the car.

I love to get my hands dirty, though! LOL

Jessiejem
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

One lives in the country.... One lives in the city.....

this was my fist thought too. Another poster stated they feel safer in the country, I feel safer in the city more people around if something happens, I am a chicken shit in the woods lol.

Jessiejem
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Country girls FTW!

City moms are snobs

Some city moms are snobs , and some country moms are snobs , it happens everywhere lol

mitchiesgirl
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a city girl too (but I live in a beach city in a large county)

Yeah, back country roads and houses in the middle of no where give me the heebie jeebies

Quoting Jessiejem:

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

One lives in the country.... One lives in the city.....

this was my fist thought too. Another poster stated they feel safer in the country, I feel safer in the city more people around if something happens, I am a chicken shit in the woods lol.

Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I live in a city thats very "country" lol so im both!

xxxTrishy518xxx
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM

When i was younger, i never wanted to ever live in the country... Ive always lived in a city.. now im older.. I would do anything to buy a small 1 story home for us 3 (me, my son and his daddy) with a good size fenced in yard and lots of play room and the quietness and togetherness.. lol

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM
I used to live in a small town. It might as well been country. We had to drive 45 mins to the nearest grocery store. My graduating class had 50 people. I loved almost everything about living there...except the gossip. I went on a date. Just a date. No kissing, hugging or sex. The town gossip turned my one date into me getting gang banged by the football team. Lol.
I live in the city. Its convenient. I hate the student to teacher ratio. I am considering moving back to small town usa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)