Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I leave them home alone at night tooooo

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have an 11 yr old and 6 yr old... I leave them home alone, sleeping, at night and go pick up DF from work.... I leave at midnight and don't get home until 12:30 sometimes.

For you ladies who say CPS is going to be called:

In the state of Ohio, there is no legal age limit..... if there is an accident while I'm gone they have my cell phone number, DF's cell phone number, his work #, my mom's #, my dad's # and DF's parents # to call as well as 911....

If a fire started, they know the escape routes, where to meet, who to call.

My bases are covered.

OMG READ RESPONSES! We have 2 cars, one is not working right now and we can't afford to get it fixed.

If we sell the car that needs fixed... guess what, we're still only using one car! Genius points for the woman who suggested that *eye roll*

I also don't always have the car. It's a rare occasion where I have it while he's at work. I try to get all of the kids and my appts done on DF's days off that way I don't need to have the car while he's working.

Also, For all of you who want to scream FIRE, RAPE, KIDNAPPED, ETC. That crap can happen with us asleep, them getting off of the bus, etc. Give it a rest.

CPS may investigate, but they won't find anything, only thing they would find is *gasp* Apt with clothes, food, furniture, educational materials, 1 desktop, 2 laptops, house phones and 3 cell phones that are on and in working order, 2 cats that are fed and taken care of, the boys share a bedroom *gasp again, how dare I make the boys share a bedroom* they have plenty of toys, etc.

For those of you asking why I posted this..... lol because 1) it's a confessions group, 2) I LOVE to get a rise out of females who are helicopter moms and 3) I wanted to see how long this kept going. I'm honestly suprised... most of my posts in the past never went past 100! LOL

To the "women" suggesting that I sell any of my equipment.... it's not going to happen. I work from home, need my desktop, have a business so I need my laptop for that... DF has a laptop for him that he had before we got together almost 2 years go. If we sold any of the computers we would be lucky to get $150 for all three because they are so old. Not nearly enough to fix his car.

Also one lady said if I work so much why don't we have the money.... ummm who said I work so much? I said I work from home and have a business.... didn't say how often I work, how many hours a week or how much I get paid. Stop jumping to conclusions. Oh and don't even suggest that I get an out of the home job... because guess what.... then I would have to leave my kids at home alone during the day as well for more than 30 mins. Hypocrites much?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
chiquis
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Cool beans
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:48 AM
10 moms liked this

lol so did I....

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i see nothing wrong with it.. i used to babysit when i was 11

LatashaNicole
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
All these mothers who wants to bash you will be the samething when there child(ren) gets that age so let them say whatever.. I have left my 11,12yr old home when they did not wanna go with us but never at nite..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
1 mom liked this

I think its ok as long as they know and they know what to do if there is an emergency like a fire.  

mstkn.identity
How old are they?

Quoting Anonymous:

I leave my kids home alone when I work 3rd shift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
A little disappointed that Frozen Dolls were nowhere to be found. Oh well, Hikari was so excited about the soundtrack that she hasn't stopped singing!
Yesterday at 12:31 AM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:51 AM
13 moms liked this

Ages 11 and 6? I see no harm in that.  You're only gone 30 minutes tops and it's better than waking them up to take them with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:51 AM
3 moms liked this

Seeee that's what I thought...

Quoting TurboMom81:

Ages 11 and 6? I see no harm in that.  You're only gone 30 minutes tops and it's better than waking them up to take them with.

momaof8
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:53 AM
11 moms liked this

I am bashing and I have 10,11,12,13,13,13,14,20,22    I would never have left them alone at that age.  If it fine why post annonomous?   I think it is crappy parenting and if there is an emergency she will regret how cocky she is now. being lazy isn't worth the cost

Quoting LatashaNicole:

All these mothers who wants to bash you will be the samething when there child(ren) gets that age so let them say whatever.. I have left my 11,12yr old home when they did not wanna go with us but never at nite..

L1558
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:53 AM
9 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

lol so did I....

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i see nothing wrong with it.. i used to babysit when i was 11

So did I, and I stayed home and watched my brother. No big deal, and guess what? This was before crime went down and before cell phones. No group of mommies ragged on my mama, because it was normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:53 AM
16 moms liked this

okay so do you want a cookie helicopter mommy?

Quoting momaof8:

I am bashing and I have 10,11,12,13,13,13,14,20,22    I would never have left them alone at that age.  If it fine why post annonomous?   I think it is crappy parenting and if there is an emergency she will regret how cocky she is now. being lazy isn't worth the cost

Quoting LatashaNicole:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured