Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I leave them home alone at night tooooo

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have an 11 yr old and 6 yr old... I leave them home alone, sleeping, at night and go pick up DF from work.... I leave at midnight and don't get home until 12:30 sometimes.

For you ladies who say CPS is going to be called:

In the state of Ohio, there is no legal age limit..... if there is an accident while I'm gone they have my cell phone number, DF's cell phone number, his work #, my mom's #, my dad's # and DF's parents # to call as well as 911....

If a fire started, they know the escape routes, where to meet, who to call.

My bases are covered.

OMG READ RESPONSES! We have 2 cars, one is not working right now and we can't afford to get it fixed.

If we sell the car that needs fixed... guess what, we're still only using one car! Genius points for the woman who suggested that *eye roll*

I also don't always have the car. It's a rare occasion where I have it while he's at work. I try to get all of the kids and my appts done on DF's days off that way I don't need to have the car while he's working.

Also, For all of you who want to scream FIRE, RAPE, KIDNAPPED, ETC. That crap can happen with us asleep, them getting off of the bus, etc. Give it a rest.

CPS may investigate, but they won't find anything, only thing they would find is *gasp* Apt with clothes, food, furniture, educational materials, 1 desktop, 2 laptops, house phones and 3 cell phones that are on and in working order, 2 cats that are fed and taken care of, the boys share a bedroom *gasp again, how dare I make the boys share a bedroom* they have plenty of toys, etc.

For those of you asking why I posted this..... lol because 1) it's a confessions group, 2) I LOVE to get a rise out of females who are helicopter moms and 3) I wanted to see how long this kept going. I'm honestly suprised... most of my posts in the past never went past 100! LOL

To the "women" suggesting that I sell any of my equipment.... it's not going to happen. I work from home, need my desktop, have a business so I need my laptop for that... DF has a laptop for him that he had before we got together almost 2 years go. If we sold any of the computers we would be lucky to get $150 for all three because they are so old. Not nearly enough to fix his car.

Also one lady said if I work so much why don't we have the money.... ummm who said I work so much? I said I work from home and have a business.... didn't say how often I work, how many hours a week or how much I get paid. Stop jumping to conclusions. Oh and don't even suggest that I get an out of the home job... because guess what.... then I would have to leave my kids at home alone during the day as well for more than 30 mins. Hypocrites much?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
StevensCare4u
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

11 is actually the legal age to be alone & to babysit. No kids in foster care there. She probally doesnt want coo coo heads stalking her and acting like nut jobs.

Quoting momaof8:

Just speaking from experience I have already raised two and if someone finds out and reports Op or there is an accident and she is found out that way those kids will end up in foster. It is all well and good to hide and post but reality is a whole different matter. 

Quoting Anonymous:

okay so do you want a cookie helicopter mommy?

Quoting momaof8:

I am bashing and I have 10,11,12,13,13,13,14,20,22    I would never have left them alone at that age.  If it fine why post annonomous?   I think it is crappy parenting and if there is an emergency she will regret how cocky she is now. being lazy isn't worth the cost

Quoting LatashaNicole:

All these mothers who wants to bash you will be the samething when there child(ren) gets that age so let them say whatever.. I have left my 11,12yr old home when they did not wanna go with us but never at nite..

baby
drdevault
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:01 AM
6 moms liked this

She does what she has to, there is no legal age for a latchkey kid. WHich is basicly what they are. It is not like she is going to the bar.  SHe is picking her so up from work.  And it seems like she told her children everything they needed to know for their safety while she is gone for that short time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Most nights he does.... but if I have errands to run, cub scouts, etc, I take the car and go pick him up.

Quoting epoh:

It's completely legal in my state depending on the maturity of your child.

Why not let your DF take the car?

L1558
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:02 AM
8 moms liked this

Ditto. 

I'm 32, and my mom was super careful but not a helicopter mama. She taught me and drilled me on how to respond to emergencies and how to look out for warning signs from a young age. Even if you are home with your kids, things can happen. It's about common sense, being aware of the true dangers versus what is broadcasted to scare you on the news.

Kids back then grew up a little faster in maturity instead of sexuality like today where even 5 year olds can be taught to pole dance. There was a sense of responsibility in my neighborhood, where we looked out for younger kids, even if they weren't in our family. Most children today will never enjoy the independence with which you and I grew up knowing. It's hardly like your kids are 3 and 5, and you just decided to go to the grocery store while they ran around in the house awake. But there are moms on here who love to tear you apart because they will helicopter their kids well into their mid-20s. ;o)

Quoting Anonymous:

I was babysitting other people's kids starting around 10-11.... for more than 30 mins... more like 2-3 hours... of course this was 20 yrs ago... man I feel old!

Quoting L1558:

Quoting Anonymous:

lol so did I....

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i see nothing wrong with it.. i used to babysit when i was 11

So did I, and I stayed home and watched my brother. No big deal, and guess what? This was before crime went down and before cell phones. No group of mommies ragged on my mama, because it was normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM

but I love nut jobs! LOL

Quoting StevensCare4u:

11 is actually the legal age to be alone & to babysit. No kids in foster care there. She probally doesnt want coo coo heads stalking her and acting like nut jobs.

Quoting momaof8:

Just speaking from experience I have already raised two and if someone finds out and reports Op or there is an accident and she is found out that way those kids will end up in foster. It is all well and good to hide and post but reality is a whole different matter. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momaof8:

I am bashing and I have 10,11,12,13,13,13,14,20,22    I would never have left them alone at that age.  If it fine why post annonomous?   I think it is crappy parenting and if there is an emergency she will regret how cocky she is now. being lazy isn't worth the cost

Quoting LatashaNicole:

All these mothers who wants to bash you will be the samething when there child(ren) gets that age so let them say whatever.. I have left my 11,12yr old home when they did not wanna go with us but never at nite..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM
4 moms liked this

The only people I hear about doing this (on the news) are the dope heads.

SnookiBoo
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this

You got to do what you got to do....but if anything ever happens you will be charge for child endangerment/neglect and your kids will be taken away.

StevensCare4u
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah what would CM be without them!

Quoting Anonymous:

but I love nut jobs! LOL

Quoting StevensCare4u:

Quoting momaof8:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momaof8:

Quoting LatashaNicole:

baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM

My kids know the meeting place for fires.... we practice monthly.... they know where the fire extinguisher is in the Apt Building (right outside of our door), and so on... I think my kids are prepared

Quoting L1558:

Ditto. 

I'm 32, and my mom was super careful but not a helicopter mama. She taught me and drilled me on how to respond to emergencies and how to look out for warning signs from a young age. Even if you are home with your kids, things can happen. It's about common sense, being aware of the true dangers versus what is broadcasted to scare you on the news.

Kids back then grew up a little faster in maturity instead of sexuality like today where even 5 year olds can be taught to pole dance. There was a sense of responsibility in my neighborhood, where we looked out for younger kids, even if they weren't in our family. Most children today will never enjoy the independence with which you and I grew up knowing. It's hardly like your kids are 3 and 5, and you just decided to go to the grocery store while they ran around in the house awake. But there are moms on here who love to tear you apart because they will helicopter their kids well into their mid-20s. ;o)

Quoting Anonymous:

I was babysitting other people's kids starting around 10-11.... for more than 30 mins... more like 2-3 hours... of course this was 20 yrs ago... man I feel old!

Quoting L1558:

Quoting Anonymous:

lol so did I....

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i see nothing wrong with it.. i used to babysit when i was 11

So did I, and I stayed home and watched my brother. No big deal, and guess what? This was before crime went down and before cell phones. No group of mommies ragged on my mama, because it was normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM
5 moms liked this

LOL actually no I won't.... I talked to the Police Chief about it when the boys and I went on a tour of the Police Station for cub scouts.... they won't charge me with anything... I'm not endangering my child.... and I'm not neglecting them....

Quoting SnookiBoo:

You got to do what you got to do....but if anything ever happens you will be charge for child endangerment/neglect and your kids will be taken away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)