Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you see that story about the couple who killed their baby while co-sleeping

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What are your thoughts, a doctor interviewed said 1 baby every other day is killed as a result of suffocating while co-sleeping, This couple has now lost 2 babies as a result of suffocating while co-sleeping and are on trial for child endangerment. Do you think the couple is guilty or not.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (91-94):
nymphogirl06
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM

i lost my daughter while co sleeping. although she didn't suffocate she had had bronchial pneumonia a result of gbs. i was in a state of shock that morning when she passed thinking i had suffocated her but i hadn't move and my husband hadn't move but still i thought it was my fault. although months later i found out why. no it wasn't my fault but a mother should know somethings up with theirchild. i did want to go to the er but thought i better wait until morning. that morning was to late. will i co sleep again i don't know. parents should know the safety of  co sleeping before hand. they should know the risk of if there moving through the night or if they sleep still. if they don't sleep still than no not the best idea. i truely don't know if they are guilty or not that's for god and the jury to decide.

MrKennys_Mom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I dont buy it. Stories like this always make me suspicious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't read the article but my guess is there are mitigating factors being left out of this post to inflame people. To the person I am trying to quote, you do realize doctors aren't always right? Who's to say the doctor quoted isn't horribly biased against co-sleeping?
raegan1221
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Yes, guilty. Common sense not to co sleep with an infant..but to kill not 1 but 2 babies by co sleepng...I don't understand how they did not learn their lessong the first time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)