Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think about people who use the "N" word? Is the word banned in your house?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Growing up, that word was BANNED in my house!  I have never uttered the word!  What about you?  What do you think about people who use the "N" word?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM
It's banned in my home and I never said it growing up. Actually I haven't said that word at all. My sister and BIL use it and I can't stand it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM
It's banned from my son but my husband grew up in the hood and basically running the streets so he says n***a regularly.
takeitall13
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM

makes me beyond mad, its a terrible word, i'd much rare hear that 4 lettered C word before the N word (you bet your butt I'd be p.o.ed if either of my children used either word though LOL)--  I don't like hearing the N word in joking or in anger, its a terrible word to use considering how many races have been discriminated against with it.

calusari
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM

My husband's parents used that word a couple of times when we were at their house for a visit; I made it clear that I didn't want that kind of language used around our children. I haven't heard it since.

That word has never come out of my mouth, and I hope that my children are adults before they hear it.

BekkieBoodle
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM
What's that supposed to mean? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I know people who use it regardless of race, to describe people who act a certain way. I find it disrespectful; no matter what it means to them, that word will always have racial connotations for most people.

cowgirlsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM
It's a disgusting word that should never be used
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liz.1986
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I think it is totally and completely trashy - I don't care who you are or what race you are. 

spicy_n_sweet
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really think about people who use that word.

No words were banned in my home growing up. No words are banned in my home.  I have my limits in regards to how words can be used in my home, but no limit on words themselves.

soon2bemomof307
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Yes it is. People who use that word sicken me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN