Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I abuse my children and neglect my husband..come on in bashers! I'm ready for you! Update!

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's see, where to start. Guess I'll start with spanking. I am a firm believer in spanking. I started spanking my oldest (now 3) when he started crawling. (if you can call in spanking anyway) It got his attention if he was trying to get into something he shouldn't have. And it made him remember. I say if you can call it spanking because he was obviously still in a diaper, and all it really was was a swat on the diaper, so the sound got his attention, he didn't feel it. Going to hell for that one! Let's see who can keep count of how many thing I'm going to hell for, or that makes me a bad mother in the eyes of all these "super moms" that are apparently perfect.

I let my oldest CIO when he was a baby and learning to sleep on his own.

I let me 6 week old CIO already. (note, he's done and asleep within 2-3 minutes when he does)

I don't religiously BF my 6 week old. He is getting formula throughout the day as well.

I didn't BF my 3 year old past 4 weeks old.

I have no problem with my children wearing a shirt that has the word titties on it.

My SO has a t-shirt with strippers on poles on it that says "I support single moms". (his anniversary present last year from me tsk tsk)

My SO works 35-40 hours a week, and when he gets home from work he is EXPECTED to give me 30-60 minutes of "me time" from the children.

My SO cooks dinner on the days he gets off work in the afternoon.

If he doesn't go into work early in the morning I have him get up and make breakfast for us.

Let's see..I probably missed some things. This is basically a S/O of just about every post I've seen in this group since I joined. I thought this site was supposed to have mom's supporting other mom's on it. Not a bunch of uptight "perfect, helicopter, never makes any mistakes" women putting other women down all the time.

Oh yeah!! My 3 year old was eating mashed potatoes (instant, so zero lumps) when he was only a couple of months old!

So, who can tell me how many things I'm going to hell for / make me a horrible mommy?

Love Ya All! blowing kisses

Okay, I think it was around about page 13 that my point finally started getting across to people. And I want to thank everyone that's commented and said that "gasp" they let their kids be kids. They play outside, get hurt, receive discipline, and are growing up to be well adjusted self respecting adults!

I forgot to mention, I'm a SAHM, and my house looks a hot mess right now. And ya know what! I don't clean it by myself! In fact! On the weekends the boys go to grandma's for the day so SO and I can clean...TOGETHER!! I cannot fathom why women think their men don't have to do anything around the house just because they work. I'm sorry, well, not really, I don't care what anyone says, being a SAHM is a full time job as well. And if done properly (depending on the amount of kids you have and what ages) your house will not always be put back into perfect order by the end of the night or when hubby gets home. Because .. god forbid .. that means you were actually playing with your kids! Maybe you had to go to the store? Or an emergency may have come up and you had to drop the kids off with someone and rush to said emergency?

Anyway, this is probably the last time I'll be able to get on till bedtime (midnight), so I'll reply to the stupidities, one's that make me laugh, and serious people, at that time.

Oh dear me, I almost forgot. One of SO's favorite shirts to wear "do something with your life, get me a beer" I'm sure that'll PO a few.

Okay, I do have to put one slightly important thing out there. For everyone that's saying I'm just a lazy fuck and that's why my house is dirty, I'll clue you on a little something. NONE OF YOU KNOW WHY MY HOUSE LOOKS THE WAY IT DOES. We live with my father, so its actually his house, we're lucky enough to have my old room, and the "den" as our son's bedroom. In one year we lost 3 family members, and EVERYTHING that the 3 of them owned, wound up coming to us. I have to go through it all, BY MYSELF, while watching the kids all day, and trying to keep the house as clean as I can, and decide what stays and what goes, to the trash or donations.

GET A FUCKING CLUE AND FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS POST WAS ACTUALLY ABOUT!!!

We all raise our children the way WE see fit as their parents. The point was, this website is supposed to be here so we can help/support other moms when we need it. I see posts that people put up, where they're asking for help directly in the title line, and damn near every comment they get is "You're a horrible mother. You're going to hell. You're kids will never love you. You shouldn't have had children. You should be fixed." Where in the fuck is the advice and help?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:50 PM
3 moms liked this

#1 rule of reading ANY online forum, NEVER take what you read seriously.

If you are happy with the way you are raising your children, you shouldn't get upset about what strangers have to say on the Internet, especially in this group.

pookah1203
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM
6 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

I did cio at 1 week old
Never bf,,
took em off formula at 9 mo,,
off bottle at 6mo.
Didnt allow binkies
Started homemade purees at 4 mo
I spank
I pop mouths
I smack hands
I refuse hugs n kisses

But my Kids are healthy n happy n tell me they love me all the time

Now youre a hot mess. Op, she has you beat.
comf
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Smh that you are proud of it. You should always try to do better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anayiah3
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Quoting bmw29:

I don't have a problem with any of that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775

Meh. Whatever.

mom2ljh
5 moms liked this
What's the reasoning for refusing hugs and kisses? That would break my child's heart. I'm just curious because I cannot fathom a situation where I would ever refuse hugs and kisses from my child.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did cio at 1 week old

Never bf,,

off bottle at 6mo.

Didnt allow binkies

I spank

I pop mouths

I smack hands

I refuse hugs n kisses

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2girls89
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM
What do you do at 9 months instead of BFing or formula?
When do you refuse hugs and kisses?
Not bashing just curious...

Quoting Anonymous:

I did cio at 1 week old

Never bf,,

off bottle at 6mo.

Didnt allow binkies

I spank

I pop mouths

I smack hands

I refuse hugs n kisses

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.miller89
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Nobody has yet so I'll bash you on your treatment of your DH.

You could TOTALLY get more out of him, and you're just taking 30-60 minutes and an occasional breakfast or dinner. Make him work! ;)

CafeMom Tickers
daughteroftruth
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM

There is no hell, so, your fine. 

ashescee
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Why no hugs and kisses?!??,?

Quoting Anonymous:

I did cio at 1 week old

Never bf,,

off bottle at 6mo.

Didnt allow binkies

I spank

I pop mouths

I smack hands

I refuse hugs n kisses

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN