Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you defend your parenting choices?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 165 Replies
If so what do you feel the need to defend?

People tell me I shouldn't make my 9 year old do chores.

I also hear that she should have a strict bedtime on the weekends. Most of the time her light is on in the morning and she is asleep. She is usually up by 9 on weekends and has no issues getting up early for school.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:01 AM
6 moms liked this

No i dont need to and I wont. People are all different and they are that way from the way they are raised. If we all wanted to parent alike we would be very boring

MWV85
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM

nope.

ginene
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I tell to mind their business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I don't really need to defend them because I've always been secure in my choices. Now that the kids are older, the choices made speak for themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephjacobs
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I totally defend my parenting choices.  And your 9 yr old should be doing chores.  I think all kids should have chores once they are old enough to do them.  That is how they learn to be adults.  My oldest is just getting into chores but he is 8.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to, but I gave up on it a while ago. I know I'm a good mom and that's all that matters to me.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Right now the biggest issue we're having is with our choice not to get our YDD a cochlear implant.  Unfortunately, 99% of the people who scrutinize have no clue what they're talking about when they judge us for it, so it makes for a very uncomfortable situation.

heyma4
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't feel the need to defend my parenting choices.

A lot of people have an opinion about how someone else should be raising their children. I worry about mine, they can worry about theirs.

bluespagan
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I feel no need to defend my parenting choices since my daughters smile and all around happy attitude and playfullness speaks volumes about how DH and I parent.

JoLee12345
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM
3 moms liked this
On here yes! IRL no! I just like debating on here!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)