Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: Daycare is better with my kids than I am ETA in Blue

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 240 Replies
12 moms liked this

Yep - I follow their lead all the time.  We're first time parents, and we both work full time so our kids go to daycare.  Our daycare is awesome.  The ladies are so nice, the place is run military tight as far as regs are concerned, and there's a really good mix of old grannies and young baby burpers, lol.  My girls come home doing stuff I didn't know they could do (or at least, do that well) and I know that they work with the kids daily.  They took the girls off bottles before we did.  We (DH and I) had them in high chairs til we learned they can sit at a little people-sized chair and table...so we went out and got it.  It's a good experience, and I'm glad that my girls are there.

Do you ever take advice/follow the lead of your caregiver?

ETA

Thanks for all the input and words of encouragement.  I'll never feel "sad" that I have a great team of people to help guide my kids!  Daycare workers/ teachers/ family are PARTNERS in parenting. 

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Pagan.
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

we all have to learn from somewhere right? i just read a lot. i am a SAHm and we don't live anywhere near family. in fact we were on the other side of the country when we had our son so we were on our own with that lol.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM
13 moms liked this

I take parenting advise when ever and where ever I can!!!

ejbljb
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Yes, I have. When it came to table foods, the daycare was giving him way more stuff than I was. I was so worried he would choke, or that he was too young for it. I was wrong about that, and started offering more table foods. 

vixen42
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I used too work in a daycare we were made too take training and as moms we kind of just wing it

First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charmgirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I have to agree with you! I used to feel bitter that this was my reality but my son has advanced so much because of them! Potty training was a breeze and sippy cups never existed in our house because of the childcare provider.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM
3 moms liked this

although i love her...she thinks she's everything (about kids and life in general lol). so i listen to what she says and pick and choose what to follow or not.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting .Pagan.:

we all have to learn from somewhere right? i just read a lot. i am a SAHm and we don't live anywhere near family. in fact we were on the other side of the country when we had our son so we were on our own with that lol.

Yeah...I think especially for as a first-timer I'm willing to accept any help or guidance.  If we were stationed somewhere else I'd probably lean on the AF wives.  Being on my own with 2 littles at once would have been too much for me.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting brettsmomma:

I take parenting advise when ever and when ever I can!!!

Yep.  Sidenote:  Every time (and I mean EVERY TIME) I see that little Dr. Spock pic the intro to that song starts playing. It brings me joy, lol.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom watches my girls while DH and I work. I do follow some of her advice. Hey, she's done this before! I also read parenting books and articles. 

Sounds like you have an awesome daycare! Daycares keep getting bashed, but I know kids who love them. I used to work at one, and it was an awesome center. The kids loved the socialization.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)