Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: Daycare is better with my kids than I am ETA in Blue

Posted by   + Show Post

Yep - I follow their lead all the time.  We're first time parents, and we both work full time so our kids go to daycare.  Our daycare is awesome.  The ladies are so nice, the place is run military tight as far as regs are concerned, and there's a really good mix of old grannies and young baby burpers, lol.  My girls come home doing stuff I didn't know they could do (or at least, do that well) and I know that they work with the kids daily.  They took the girls off bottles before we did.  We (DH and I) had them in high chairs til we learned they can sit at a little people-sized chair and table...so we went out and got it.  It's a good experience, and I'm glad that my girls are there.

Do you ever take advice/follow the lead of your caregiver?

ETA

Thanks for all the input and words of encouragement.  I'll never feel "sad" that I have a great team of people to help guide my kids!  Daycare workers/ teachers/ family are PARTNERS in parenting. 

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Replies (231-240):
PocahontasPrtty
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I'd never put my son in daycare no matter hw busy me n my fiancé r.. I mean if it got down 2 it we wud but our support system is very big & my mother nlaw keeps him faithfully every weekend its just I feel as they wnt give him the attention meaning they dnt knw him, knw wat makes him cry, hungry etc or mayb we're just over protective =/
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM

woman, please; don't even try to play the victim here.  i read each reply you wrote, complete with all of your *eye-rolling*, your mean comments and all of your insinuations of OP being a bad mom for putting her kids in daycare.   

and by the way, i didn't swear AT you, i used colorful language to illustrate how ridiculous you sound telling the OP how her time is spent with her kids as if  you know anything.  if i swore AT you, believe me, you would know.  

nice try on the back-peddling, though.  

Quoting 4girlsmum:

I did not bash anyone, or take it to a "Jerry Springer" level, but you have.  I stated facts about the typical daycare child, and never once had to curse, you think I said terrible things?  Take a look at your post.  Low class.

Quoting Anonymous:

OMFG, STFU already.   who are YOU to judge the quality of time OP spends with her kids?  are you there every day watching and analyzing?  do you know her?  do you know anything about her?  do you know her family, their situation or how they are with one another?  look at you, all big and bad behind your computer, saying all these terrible things like you know everything when you don't know shit except what goes on in your own family.  

it's always people like YOU who bash other moms because they do things differently than you; who have differing parenting styles than you and disagree with you.  i bet in your eyes, anyone who parents differently is BAD judging by your responses.  

i work full time.  i enjoy my career.  i love my family.  i provide for them any way i can.  working mothers should NEVER EVER feel bad for providing for their family.  you act as though a working mother tortures her children, doesn't care about them and neglects them.  GET OFF YOUR FUCKING SOAP BOX and stop acting like you're the best mother in this whole world.  

Quoting 4girlsmum:

Hey 4girlsmum: I'm replying to you, thanks for not being anon.

Wait a sec, while I consult my calculator, lol.  There are 168 hours in a week.  40 of them are spent at daycare.  The remaining 128 are spent with us.  Even if you subtract the time that we're asleep (roughly 56 hours) they still spend at least 72 waking hours with us, which is almost twice as much time as they spend in daycare.  The idea that daycare kids see the workers more than they see mom and dad is just not accurate.  We're fortunate that the daycare is very close to my husband's job, and the weekdays are pretty much split 1/3-sleep, 1/3 daycare, 1/3 with us.

And if you could see my house right now, you'd know I have not been squandering precious time with my littles by cleaning, lol.  When I really need to clean I take off work a little early.

168 hours a week-77 spent sleeping=91

91-50 hours at daycare 730am-530pm (the vast majority of working parents are 8-5pm)

leaves 41 hours at home, usually spent getting ready in the morning, or making dinner, or giving baths, or just maybe you take a few moments to yourself when you get home, because youre SPENT from giving your all at work the whole day.

Those extra 50 awake hours during just one week are really not important though. (eyeroll)

miniluv
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Hey i see it as a good thing especially if u are first time parenta or any parents really if ot works then take the advice and run with it there is nothing wrong with that as long it is in best interest of the kids then it is good at least that is my opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilQueenMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I am glad you found a great daycare. I work at daycares, and still haven't found one I would let my son go to. The ones in my town are terrible :( They don't teach the kids anything and are so yucky.

CafeMom Tickers
barefootmommi
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I learned almost all of what I know from mt grandmom :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I was a teacher and am now a mom. Honestly, I  was a better teacher than mom. It is easier to have patience and do all the right things that you were trained to do when you get to go home and do your own thing at the end of the day. As a mom, you never get a break and the other responsibilities of taking care of your home, your husband, the bills, the errands, etc. make it harder to do all the wonderful things that your daycare or child care provider does with your kids. Definitely take their advice, and enjoy the benefits your child is getting from daycare! I wish I could afford to send mine there so I could have a break!!! Kids benefit from having all kinds of wonderful people in their lives. If your daycare is a good one, then be happy that your kids are benefitting! 

chelsie_landon
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
The saying goes " it takes a village to raise a child"
I feel the same way though, my son started going when he was 2 and with in the first week he was counting higher and more interested in the potty. They are really good with him and they feed the kids really good food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kerseygeek
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I say the same for my daughter.  We started her in a private pre-k a few months ago and she has just flourished there.  She's learning at an amazing pace and they never have one bad word to say about her.  Her behavior is just that good.  But at home, we don't get her that way.  Sometimes she's a completely different person that she is at school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Daycare has been very beneficial for both of my children. It was a great place for them to learn and socialize.
PoetryEmotion
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Nothing wrong with that at all. It truly DOES take a village to raise a child, and to expect that moms should have it all figured out by themselves is totally unreasonable. I'm a preschool teacher and a mother of three children, so I've seen both sides of the coin!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)