Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

C-Section Mommas: Does it offend you when...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Does it offend you when people say your child's birth was "unnatural"?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Replies (71-80):
GagaNTattooS
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Nooo thats,just stupid.. I dont get offended over stupid crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I am not a c-section mom but I do not discriminate against women who have had them at all. 

I just wish they would also quit discriminating against women who have had vaginal births and making comments about how their vagina is "saved" like ours isn't, because ours is too. It was made to birth and it goes right back in most cases. C-section moms are just as likely to experience prolapse as vaginal moms. Your vagina did not come out with the upper advantage compared to ours. That is all. 

safi
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Hmm , no. I labored and pushed 3 times, but 2 of those ended in a c section. No such bullshit as "elective".. I had the terror of hours upon hours of laboring AND a surgery
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM
No. I couldn't care less what others think about my two life saving emergency sections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Neither me or my DD would be here today if it weren't for my c-section, so if anyone wants to criticize that, they can kiss my butt.

reava
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Nope. It doesn't offend me. I did what was best for my health and the safety of my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM

No....it doesn't change the fact that I carried my child, I am their mother, and they are alive and healthy.

What does bother me is when people like my SIL brags about her natural birth and how she's better than me because she gave birth "naturally." And blah blah. She didn't have an epidural, but she was induced at 37 weeks because she was tired of being pregnant, and she did have pain meds....her birth wasn't any more natural than mine......at least I went into labor on my own and labored naturally, and pushed until I was rushed away for an emergency c-section.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Yes

gracekyle2
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Quoting baquick:

Who cares as long as the baby was born? It's not the method that matters. It's the health of the child and of the mother that matters.

Amen!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM

No one has ever said that to me.  I'd probably punch them in the face and say, "so's this!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)