Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't support marriage in the military

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 203 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you?

Why would any rational human being send a father of 5 children into a highly dangerous war zone? How is that a good thing for his children or the country? (I know someone like this, leaving soon. All 5 kids are under 5, twins are involved)

There's a reason they like to recruit kids straight out of high school. If god forbid they do die, they don't leave anyone behind that is depending on him to survive!

why why why...................... 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellieknits
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM
18 moms liked this

Well since I'm married to a career soldier, yep I support marriage in the military.  

I don't support morons procreating.  It's too late for some...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM
4 moms liked this
Popcorn anyone?
Ctink8189
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM

So, only single men should be in the military? And never get married or have kids? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM
8 moms liked this
I dont support the military. Period.

I am an ex military wife. I once supported them. Till I lived the life saw the bullshit they do to members n the families.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm married to a man in the military, so I obviously support marriage within the military.

mommasbabies77
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:11 PM
You are being ridiculous but let me point out that high school kids have babies and they don't even have to be married. If we restrict one area are we going to restrict them all? Most soldiers have parents..if their parents become disabled for some reason and need the son to take care of them..what then?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Your an idiot sorry. I'm a product of the military and I married a man in the military. My husband and I or my parents would have never met if it wasn't for the military. 

ArmyWife1315
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM
5 moms liked this

My husband is in the military, it may not be the greatest career choice, but neither is being a police officer, or a fire fighter. There are plenty of dangerous jobs, don't only knock the military, if it wasn't for our soldiers YOU wouldn't have freedom...

bluespagan
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Since I was an active duty member and met and married my husband while we were both on active duty then yes I support military marriages. 

Do you think the same way about cops or firemen?  Their jobs are dangerous too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

i think it's better to be married, atleast the kids are left with the other parent.

i don't agree with single parents in the miliatry.

SO's daughters mother is in the AF...and frankly i think it's so sad that she leaves her daughter for 6 months at a time atleast once a year with people the daughter hardly knows (her parents, her brother, cousins, neighbors...and the family she hardly knows because they live across the country).  we hardly get to see her either because they're always moving around and she's not old enough to travel unaccompanied yet.

but i blame her mom because she should have protected herself (and made SO protect himself) when she decided to have a 1 night stand to make sure she didn't bring a child into that situation. but as i've learned over the years. she's an idiot :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)