Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Problem With Atheists

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Atheists seem to wait around, refusing to believe, until they get PROOF that God exists.  God will not prove Himself to you.  He will only come to you if He is invited.  Time to extend that invitation.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Another Christian pushing god, funny I didn't hear my doorbell ring.
eckielady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM

This

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

In all honesty, if He did exist He is still not somebody I would revere, much less worship.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
poshkat
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Just extending an invitation to hear more underhanded comments. I need some new ones :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

If I am just spewing crap then why waste your time reading and commenting?  

Quoting poshkat:

I'm calling people who spew stupid crap out of their "misguided" fingers( since she's on the computer obvilously typing this). I don't care who/what you believe or don't believe in. Don't spew crap unless you thought it over very carefully in your mind first

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

You're not an Atheist, nor are you a Christian, for Christians do not hate. Who or what group of people are you calling a jerk, anyway?

Quoting poshkat:

Not everyone needs proof God exists or not. Athiests don't sit around trying to prove or disprove the existence of God. They live their lives and most don't go around screaming at believers that they're wrong. They don't need your half assed invitation that's laced with underhanded comments to "believe".

P.s. I am not an athiest. I just hate jerks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009

lol what? i'm not waiting for anything. i just don't believe.

the only way i'd believe is if he just walked up to me and i could have a conversation with him and actually touch him. but thats never going to happen...so like i said. i just don't believe and i'm not waiting to.

KitschyGirl
1 mom liked this
I'm not an atheist because I lack proof he exists. I have beliefs based in faith just as you do but my faith lies in other things. Generalizations not only make you look ignorant, they also give other Christians a bad rap to others who are equally ignorant on the other side. Maybe you should move toward understanding atheism instead of finding perceived flaws in something you know nothing about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angel.Eyes.

She didn't say anything hateful in the OP!

Quoting poshkat:

I'm calling people who spew stupid crap out of their "misguided" fingers( since she's on the computer obvilously typing this). I don't care who/what you believe or don't believe in. Don't spew crap unless you thought it over very carefully in your mind first

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

You're not an Atheist, nor are you a Christian, for Christians do not hate. Who or what group of people are you calling a jerk, anyway?

Quoting poshkat:

Not everyone needs proof God exists or not. Athiests don't sit around trying to prove or disprove the existence of God. They live their lives and most don't go around screaming at believers that they're wrong. They don't need your half assed invitation that's laced with underhanded comments to "believe".

✞†✞ Blessed ✞†✞

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
This is the perfect opportunity to share this!!!  Enjoy!!
TAKE TIME TO READ. It's worth reading it. Trust me :)

Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, you’ll probably want your friends / colleagues to enjoy the same, won’t you?

Forward this to increase their knowledge … or FAITH.

By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM
All the more reason to believe the presence of god is merely a state of mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

*applause*

Best. Response. Ever!!

Quoting danie24:

I contend that we are BOTH atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.

When you understand why YOU dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

poshkat
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Annnndddd.......???

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

She didn't say anything hateful in the OP!

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Quoting poshkat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN