Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you send your child to a school with this racial make up?

Ethnic BackgroundPercent
White, non-Hispanic2.7
Black, non-Hispanic6.7
Hispanic81.3
Asian3.14
Pacific Islander0.65
Native American or Native Alaskan0.76
Unspecified0.32
Filipino4.43
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
shayshay90
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:36 PM
8 moms liked this

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

No Hispanic's or Black's at the Elementary school my daughter will be attending in the fall.............all white Country kid's  :)

YOUR COMMENT WAS VERY IGNORTANT N SEEMS TO ME YOU ARE VERY RACIST SAD THAT ITS 2012 N PEOPLE ARE STIL RACIST COLOR DONT DEFINE WHO SOMEONE IS

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM
My dd goes to middle school with that make up.. she will not be going to the local high school and my youngest will not be attending the same middle school. It's dangerous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

If I could choose which school they goto than I would choose based on how good the school and faculty are. I dont care what color anyones skin is or what their ethnic background is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM

why do they care what race uis in there school i always found that weird

shayshay90
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM
6 moms liked this

I FIND IT VERY IGNORTANT THAT THE SCHOOL HAS A RACE CHART WHAT SHOULD IT MATTER HOW MANY WHITE HOW MANY BLACKS OR HOW MANY HISPANICS ARE AT A SCHOOL AS LONG AS THAT CHILD IS GOING TO SCHOOL TO LEARN WHY SHOULD IT MATTER WHAT MAJORITY OF RACE GOES THEIR SAD THAT RACE STILL MATTER N 2012 HELL WE ALL BLEED RED

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM
That is how the school is made up in my area. We transfer out and they go to a more evenly mixed school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I went to a school with almost this same make up. I was teased and picked on constantly for being white and half the time school work and homework was given in Spanish to cater to the majority. Now I am faced with sending my child to the same type of school and setting her up to face the same issues or having her attend school out of the city.

christi34
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM

The school my kids go to now are 98% black, 1% white, 1% hispanic. But I really don't care cause my kids are 50% black and 50% white. Worrying about what color each child/teacher is not helping my kids get an education.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM

ok wow thats low

Quoting shayshay90:

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

No Hispanic's or Black's at the Elementary school my daughter will be attending in the fall.............all white Country kid's  :)

YOUR COMMENT WAS VERY IGNORTANT N SEEMS TO ME YOU ARE VERY RACIST SAD THAT ITS 2012 N PEOPLE ARE STIL RACIST COLOR DONT DEFINE WHO SOMEONE IS

Chuckydoodle
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM

It all depends on the school system as a whole not the ethnic makeup, now where I live I would say those numbers are pretty much what it is here. Except I don't think we have that high a number of Black children here.  Probably closer to 1%. 

We are moving away because the school district sucks as a whole, so next year my children will be attending a predominantly white district where they make up the minority. 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN