Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you send your child to a school with this racial make up?

Ethnic BackgroundPercent
White, non-Hispanic2.7
Black, non-Hispanic6.7
Hispanic81.3
Asian3.14
Pacific Islander0.65
Native American or Native Alaskan0.76
Unspecified0.32
Filipino4.43
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry I'm not seeing the relevance of race to school quality...

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM

all school districts track that information.  It's standard operating procedure.

and, please, the CAPS make your post very difficult to read.

Quoting shayshay90:

I FIND IT VERY IGNORTANT THAT THE SCHOOL HAS A RACE CHART WHAT SHOULD IT MATTER HOW MANY WHITE HOW MANY BLACKS OR HOW MANY HISPANICS ARE AT A SCHOOL AS LONG AS THAT CHILD IS GOING TO SCHOOL TO LEARN WHY SHOULD IT MATTER WHAT MAJORITY OF RACE GOES THEIR SAD THAT RACE STILL MATTER N 2012 HELL WE ALL BLEED RED

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM
3 moms liked this

well good luck. im sure they'll breeze right through moonshine class. make sure to take pics at their first tobacco spitting contest.

why are you so happy there wont be anything but white kids?

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

No Hispanic's or Black's at the Elementary school my daughter will be attending in the fall.............all white Country kid's  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Aside from the clear lack of diversity in the school,this school scores terribly academically also. Within the lowest 5% of the Los Angeles Unified School District.

OnTheCrazyTrain
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM
its bc some schools will get more money if they have a certain quota of those races in their schools. I personally dont care about the races but the quality of education my children recieve.

Quoting shayshay90:

I FIND IT VERY IGNORTANT THAT THE SCHOOL HAS A RACE CHART WHAT SHOULD IT MATTER HOW MANY WHITE HOW MANY BLACKS OR HOW MANY HISPANICS ARE AT A SCHOOL AS LONG AS THAT CHILD IS GOING TO SCHOOL TO LEARN WHY SHOULD IT MATTER WHAT MAJORITY OF RACE GOES THEIR SAD THAT RACE STILL MATTER N 2012 HELL WE ALL BLEED RED

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I want to live somewhere that has a lot of diversity. Idk, I want my kid to be understanding of different races/cultures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM

No and this is why: Every school in the state with the majority of it's students being Hispanic are doing TERRIBLE right now. Facts are facts, they're the spawn of illegal aliens and most of them don't speak any English. I get that they can/will learn, but it's not my kid's problem. 

shayshay90
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Quoting RiotousDigits:

all school districts track that information.  It's standard operating procedure.

and, please, the CAPS make your post very difficult to read.

Quoting shayshay90:

I REALLY DONT CARE ABOUT THE CAPS JUST MAKING A POINT THAT PEOPLE SHOULD STOP MAKING COLOR A ISSUE

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

you think its awesome your children wont have to be around anyone thats not white?

what a sad life theyre going to have, blinded by their racist parents ignorance. hopefully when they get older they will realize what dumb asses they were raised by, and not follow in your hateful footsteps.

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

actually I think it's awesome ........an it's not an Inner City School- (Social meeting place) where kid's don't get the Education that they need,...............or the teacher's are just pathetic!!!!!!!   

Mamaknowsbest26
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM
There were about 10 white kids for every 125 black kids at my high school. Maybe one Hispanic lonely kid walking around. It was a school, and I learned. What difference does it matter what color your classmates are?

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)