Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you send your child to a school with this racial make up?

Ethnic BackgroundPercent
White, non-Hispanic2.7
Black, non-Hispanic6.7
Hispanic81.3
Asian3.14
Pacific Islander0.65
Native American or Native Alaskan0.76
Unspecified0.32
Filipino4.43
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM

THAT would be a reason to choose another school.  The races of the students are irrelevant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aside from the clear lack of diversity in the school,this school scores terribly academically also. Within the lowest 5% of the Los Angeles Unified School District.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Would it become an issue if your child was the only one of their race at a school and was teased and bullied for it?

Quoting shayshay90:

Quoting RiotousDigits:

all school districts track that information.  It's standard operating procedure.

and, please, the CAPS make your post very difficult to read.

Quoting shayshay90:

I FIND IT VERY IGNORTANT THAT THE SCHOOL HAS A RACE CHART WHAT SHOULD IT MATTER HOW MANY WHITE HOW MANY BLACKS OR HOW MANY HISPANICS ARE AT A SCHOOL AS LONG AS THAT CHILD IS GOING TO SCHOOL TO LEARN WHY SHOULD IT MATTER WHAT MAJORITY OF RACE GOES THEIR SAD THAT RACE STILL MATTER N 2012 HELL WE ALL BLEED RED

I REALLY DONT CARE ABOUT THE CAPS JUST MAKING A POINT THAT PEOPLE SHOULD STOP MAKING COLOR A ISSUE

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM

You'd care if you wanted people to take you seriously.  You're being rude.

Quoting shayshay90:

Quoting RiotousDigits:

all school districts track that information.  It's standard operating procedure.

Quoting shayshay90:

I FIND IT VERY IGNORTANT THAT THE SCHOOL HAS A RACE CHART WHAT SHOULD IT MATTER HOW MANY WHITE HOW MANY BLACKS OR HOW MANY HISPANICS ARE AT A SCHOOL AS LONG AS THAT CHILD IS GOING TO SCHOOL TO LEARN WHY SHOULD IT MATTER WHAT MAJORITY OF RACE GOES THEIR SAD THAT RACE STILL MATTER N 2012 HELL WE ALL BLEED RED

I REALLY DONT CARE ABOUT THE CAPS JUST MAKING A POINT THAT PEOPLE SHOULD STOP MAKING COLOR A ISSUE

laurenb1
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Yes of course
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squag.mom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
she'd fit in with the 81% and seriously who gives a shit about what the racial make up of the school as long as its a good school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Probably not.
NHGal
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Umm, most schools have this chart available.  And also economic levels too.  

My daughter will be going to a school with a high hispanic population in the fall. In our state, we have the option to put our daughter in a lottery at any school in the state (most do it within just their district).  After visiting schools with lower hispanic populations and high economic levels, we decided to stay at our feeder school.  BECAUSE of the lower economic status of the students in our feeder school, they get more federal money and grants and in fact have MORE advantages than the other schools.  We also felt a greater sense of community at that school than the other schools.

I will admit that we were worried when we first saw the breakdown, but once we got past the numbers and into the school, those fears were calmed.

Quoting shayshay90:

shayshay90
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Quoting RiotousDigits:

You'd care if you wanted people to take you seriously.  You're being rude.

Quoting shayshay90:

Quoting RiotousDigits:

Quoting shayshay90:

GROW UP NOBODY IS WORRIED ABOUT CAPS ONLY YOU HUN HAVE A NICE DAY

gum.drop
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Sounds like a high school I went to :)

It was fine.

Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Are u racist?

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

No Hispanic's or Black's at the Elementary school my daughter will be attending in the fall.............all white Country kid's  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)