Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't believe that your child is potty trained if......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

They cannot pull their own underwear and pants up and can't sleep every night consistantly without having "accidents". Your child may be able to go to the bathroom in the toilet, but if they can't do those things they aren't potty trained....

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on May. 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM

so my sister wasn't potty trained until she was 17 because she was a bedwetter? no.

jento1
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Quoting jento1:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jento1:

Get her a pull up? They make them for kids of all sizes. That'll take care of the laundry for you and maybe motivate her.
Are you sure she doesn't have a medical condition? When I was small I took a pill to calm bladder spasm. It ended the wetting.

I was having her wear pull ups for a long time but they just dont work and leak all the time.  She can still fit in the reg ones 4-5T's with no problem as she is SUPER skinny, the ones for older kids are still too big for her, even the smallest size.  They practically fall right off of her.  With the pull ups, I still end up washing sheets weather she is wearing one or not and I hated buying them if they werent even working.

Jennifer

I forgot to mention.  My daughter is at the age where she is wanting to go on sleepovers.  She STILL wants to go even though she knows her friends would probably say something to her.  I dont want her going because I dont want her ruining someone elses furniture.  Plus, I thought it would give her the incentive to want to try harder.

Jennifer

jento1
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Quoting KYLIEAARONMOMMY:

Nighttime dryness can sometimes take years and has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether they are potty trained or not! Your statement clearly shows your ignorance on the subject. So what if you have to help them with their clothes. I'd rather do that then buy diapers and have to change them.

I agree!  My daughter is 7 and is nowhere near close to being dry at night no matter what I try or dont try.

Jennifer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on May. 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
So because my son has a motor function delay he's not potty trained enough for you? Well boo hoo. Im damn proud that he's finally potty trained. And he's only had 1 accident the entire time he was potty training because there was no bathroom close and he wouldn't go on a tree.
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM

and your point is what

mysoldier5
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

HA!! Love it :)

Quoting Kylie819:

Well, fortunately no one cares what you think :)

Leobaby2007
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM
I agree with this. Mine is still in pull ups overnight, but I tell people he is "potty trained" anyway. He'll get there. It's our dirty little secret until then lol.
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM
There are many reasons a child wets the bed, and most of them are medical that they outgrow in time. They cant control it and it is not their fault. Their bladder is sometimes immature or doesnt send them the signal that they have to go at nighttime. Daytime dryness is something completely different.

Quoting jento1:

Quoting KYLIEAARONMOMMY:

Nighttime dryness can sometimes take years and has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether they are potty trained or not! Your statement clearly shows your ignorance on the subject. So what if you have to help them with their clothes. I'd rather do that then buy diapers and have to change them.

I agree!  My daughter is 7 and is nowhere near close to being dry at night no matter what I try or dont try.

Jennifer

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

well then its a good thing i could careless of what u or anyone else has to say about my kids then huh

mommasbabies77
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Good for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)