Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Story of a Love Affair Part One (link to part two added)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
6 moms liked this

Part One

I sat at my desk,  lost in thought.  The flowers on my desk were wilting.  But in a beautiful way.  Still vibrant with color, and intoxicating with fragrance, yet limp and on the verge of lifelessness. I could relate.  Life had become mundane, routine.  I felt this inner vibrancy and excitement of life right under the surface of my skin, but it has been suppressed by life.  I had begun to spend more and more time dreaming about the desires in my heart.  I wanted adventure, something to break the monotony of life.  Same routine, day after day.  Get up, get the family ready for the day,  kiss my husband with a quick and emotionless "I love you" as we went our separate ways for the day, drop kids off at school, head to work, work, come home, help kids with homework, make dinner, feed family, get everybody ready for the next day,  do some quick chores, and then finally collapse in bed and escape into my dreams for a few precious hours only wake up, and do it again.  There was no time for adventure, no time for anything outside the "normal" life.  I stared at the flowers and imagined myself waking up in a little country home, and gazing out an open window at a little farm.  Dreams were an escape, a break from the drudgery of it all.  My heart longed for a simpler life.  I would trade all my current luxuries for some time in that peaceful country home. 

"Hi there, I'm Adam."  the new guy popped up from the other side of my cubical. He was nothing spectacular to look at, but he was handsome in his own way.  Dark brown hair, amber eyes,  tall, well built.  Handsome, but not handsome at first look.  His eyes and soft smile  transformed him from ordinary, to something I still cannot quite describe. 

"Hi, I'm Sarah.  Welcome.  How are you enjoying our little office so far?"

"Not bad.  Still adjusting. Well, just thought I would say hello." With a nod he headed back to his desk. 

The next few days were fairly unspectacular.  Normal, routine, monotonous days.  Then as I was sitting outside enjoying the fresh spring air and sipping on some coffee during break I saw Adam walk out the lobby doors.  He looked up at the sky, closed his eyes, and stood still.  Slowly a smile spread across his face, his body relaxed, he took slow deep breaths.  Before I could look away he looked over at me, I blushed, feeling as if I had just interrupted some intimate, private moment.  He walked over. 

"Nice day." 

"Yes, finally.  I needed a time out from the stale office."

"Do we have a coffee shop nearby?"  he pointing at the cup nestled in my hands. 

"Um, yeah, just down the street.  It's pretty good too."  my tension eased as he looked down on me,  "would you like me to show you?"

"Yeah, that would be nice."  He held out his hand and I took it.  A surge of feeling rushed from the touch of his hand straight to my heart.  I long forgotten fluttering sensation took over my chest.  After I was back on my feet our hands lingered for moments, his hand in mine.  I quickly let go and pushed my hair back behind my ear and smiled.  Nodded my head towards the coffee shop,  and began to walk.   We talked about work, nothing personal, I told him about what the coffee shop had, the best treats, who was the best barista.  We walked back to work, he held the door for me, and we made our way back to our own desks. 

Perhaps there I should have turned and walked away.  I brushed off my feelings for nothing more than a small girlish crush.  I was a grown woman, and a simple crush could do no harm.   Soon we became friends.  

Now you would think that one friendship would not be enough to break the monotony of my life, but it did.  I looked forward to work, I looked forward to our walks to the coffee shop.  That first crush feeling began to fade, we were just friends, I wanted nothing more.  I was married, he was married.   We both seemed content with our simple friendship that  revolved around our daily walks to the little coffee shop. 

One day as I watched the clock edge closer to my coffee break time I looked over at Adam.  He was on the phone, obviously frustrated, and he ran his hand through his hair.  I quickly drew a cup, or what was supposed to look like a coffee cup, with a question mark next to it.  He pointed at the phone and shook his head.  I walked to the coffee shop alone, and realized how accustomed I had become to his company every day. I ordered my coffee, then as i started to leave, I headed back and ordered a second coffee.  Adam was still on the phone when I sat the cup on his desk, he turned, and smiled, I smiled back, and watched his entire body relax in his chair.   Work went by slowly, as always.  While sitting at my desk, I saw from the corner of my eye, Adam.  He was watching me.  I caught myself smiling, and enjoying the attention. As I smiled I saw him shift awkwardly  in his seat and turn back to his computer.  He knew I caught him staring, and I think he was as shocked by his actions as I was. 

I packed up at the end of the day and headed for the door, Adam showed up by my side, held the door open for me and smiled. 

"Thanks for the coffee."

"Oh, yeah, no problem.  You okay?"

He smiled, shrugged and proceeded to talk about his frustrations with work as we walked, we slowly walked to my car, hashing out our issues with the company, and the clients.  Before I knew it, we were leaning against my car, chatting about people at work.   I checked my phone and saw that 45 min had flew by.

"Oh, wow.  I better get going."

He looked around, laughed.  "I'm not even parked here, my car is around the block."

I laughed "Well why did you follow me this way then?"

He smiled, shook his head, looked into my eyes, and with a big grin said "I have no idea."

I smiled, told him to have a good night got into my car and drove away, he stood in the parking lot and watched me drive away.  

to be continued............

link to part two http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/16476127/Story_of_a_Love_Affair_Part_Two

Link to part three http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/16482529/Story_of_a_Love_Affair_Part_Three

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Too long, didn't read.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

And thats okay, just need it out there, don't really need anyone to read it really.

Quoting Anonymous:

Too long, didn't read.

mammabear18
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Is this your personal story?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Sometimes it starts so innocently.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes

Quoting mammabear18:

RaLALA
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
This is goooooooood,(not the cheating!..lol) I love reading. Your a good writer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLALA
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Im going to be hounding you until you finish btw. Lol!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammabear18
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM
You are a good writer but love affairs make me sad.

How long have you been married for and how old are you? Just curious :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes

Quoting mammabear18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Thank you =)  I have always wanted to write, but only now finding the courage to do it.... Adam plays a part in that... just wait and see how. 

Quoting RaLALA:

This is goooooooood,(not the cheating!..lol) I love reading. Your a good writer!

Drama.Llama
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Wow.....so sad yet very good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN