Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm walking away.....

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
  • 154 Replies
5 moms liked this

From God......

For 30 years I was a believer, a worshipper and everything I was ever told, never came true.  You don't get what you ask for in prayer.....in fact, you get the opposite

People aren't given more than they can handle?  Bullshit......it happens everyday although "HE" promised it never would

Believe that your needs/desires will be met and they shall be......really?  Then what happened when I prayed to keep my awesome job?  Or keep from losing our car and house?  Or how about keeping my husband faithful?

Where were you during those times God? 

Thanks but no thanks.......I'm over being a scared child, worried if I don't follow every decree in the Bible that something bad will happen......You had your chance to impress me and you failed.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You love the man....you learn to love the club"

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellieknits
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Been there. All I can say is, only you can decide what's right for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM
2 moms liked this
You do whatever you need to do. I hope you find peace in whatever religion or non-religion you choose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:36 AM
14 moms liked this
Even as an atheist, I feel bad when someone loses their faith. If you choose to change faiths, you should do so bc it is what is in your heart and what you believe. I am an atheist bc it is what's right for me. Don't give up your faith because you hit a rough patch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM
19 moms liked this
God doesn't create those problems. He gave us free will and that creates problems. I have many times questioned my faith. Even tonight I had a good cry because life just sucks. In the end I still believe there is a God. GL in your path.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM
5 moms liked this

Welcome, to reality.

ImATERRORIST
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM
13 moms liked this
I pray to win the lottery but I never by a ticket.

Prayers are asking for Help but you stll have to work hard for what you want. God doesnt give people hand outs. That's what PA IS FOR.. Lol
nicki1018
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Quoting SDarvasi:

Welcome, to reality.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

So then...essentially, by working hard, you have achieved it on your own. Thus, not needing any help. So, he's really not there at all....

Quoting ImATERRORIST:

I pray to win the lottery but I never by a ticket.

Prayers are asking for Help but you stll have to work hard for what you want. God doesnt give people hand outs. That's what PA IS FOR.. Lol

LadyStork
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM
This.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

God doesn't create those problems. He gave us free will and that creates problems. I have many times questioned my faith. Even tonight I had a good cry because life just sucks. In the end I still believe there is a God. GL in your path.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)