Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

From God......

For 30 years I was a believer, a worshipper and everything I was ever told, never came true.  You don't get what you ask for in prayer.....in fact, you get the opposite

People aren't given more than they can handle?  Bullshit......it happens everyday although "HE" promised it never would

Believe that your needs/desires will be met and they shall be......really?  Then what happened when I prayed to keep my awesome job?  Or keep from losing our car and house?  Or how about keeping my husband faithful?

Where were you during those times God? 

Thanks but no thanks.......I'm over being a scared child, worried if I don't follow every decree in the Bible that something bad will happen......You had your chance to impress me and you failed.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You love the man....you learn to love the club"

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Replies (121-130):
bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM
3 moms liked this
I find that God does answer all my prayers but not always in the ways I want or in my time frame. But whenever I need him, he is there. I was raised catholic went to church. I don't go to church anymore but I don't believe that you have to go to church to be close to God. Our lives are mapped out before we even get here. For learning purposes here on earth we may choose difficult lives. But I always feel I am always saved in the nick of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
all_4_my_son
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I would really like to know why the judgmental "pro-believers" seem to think I brought all this on myself????

I led a honest, just, caring life down to the T.....I gave and gave and gave, even when I had nothing left. I was in my Bible, studying every morning and night and in church every Sunday. I gave forgiveness, only to be hurt again.....

So DO NOT tell me I didn't try or this is my fault.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melrose79
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting all_4_my_son:

I would really like to know why the judgmental "pro-believers" seem to think I brought all this on myself????

I led a honest, just, caring life down to the T.....I gave and gave and gave, even when I had nothing left. I was in my Bible, studying every morning and night and in church every Sunday. I gave forgiveness, only to be hurt again.....

I'm so sorry you've been having such a bad time. I also know how easy it is to say you want to give up because God doesn't answer your prayers how or when you want.

It has to be his will & timing. Sometimes he does answer your prayer quickly & how you'd like. Sometimes he has another plan for us. Sometimes it takes a long time. Sometimes it takes us a while to figure out how what seems like a bad situation could be a blessing in disguise.

I lost my house, car, & husband's faithfulness all in the same year, a few years ago, & recently lost the best job I've ever had. I know how it is & I'm sorry. He may have had you lose those things because you put then ahead of him, or may he's going to give you either something better or more suited to you. It could be something else. He has his reasons & we have to trust him.

Have you starved to death? Have you had nowhere at all to stay? Have you not been clothed? He's been there for you. You just can't tell. Just like the man who only saw one set of footprints in the sand because God was carrying him. He IS carrying you. He loves you. He died on the cross for you. He doesn't want to lose you. Pray for your faith back. Without faith you have nothing.

I would love it if you'd PM me. Something in me feels we should talk. I really wish you the best & much happiness. I hope to hear from you. {Hugs} I hope things get better for you. I think you've had a rough enough time.

JaydeesLaydee
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM

This is true, you don't really need to go to church to have a personal relationship with God, since going to church makes you no more a Christian than going to a garage makes you a car...

But OP I am going to ask you, do you have a church family?  Is there someone from your current congregation if you do currently go to church, who you can trust and confide in?  If you currently have a church to go to and you're not going to be there, I'm sure they would miss you.  I'm sure you have things to contribute to them and you don't even know it. 

I think you're more than likely a wonderful person who fell on hard times and thinks she's been abandoned by not only God but everyone else she cares about.   

I also apologize if I seem harsh in some of my other posts but I am not bashing or putting you down.  You need some serious uplifting and reassurance that you aren't forgotten after all. 

Quoting bmcandmmh:

I find that God does answer all my prayers but not always in the ways I want or in my time frame. But whenever I need him, he is there. I was raised catholic went to church. I don't go to church anymore but I don't believe that you have to go to church to be close to God. Our lives are mapped out before we even get here. For learning purposes here on earth we may choose difficult lives. But I always feel I am always saved in the nick of time.

JaydeesLaydee
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I never said it was your fault BUT, faith without works is dead...having faith and going through the motions of faith is not enough. You've also got to listen to those little hunches and notions you get sometimes after you pray...that's God telling you to take action and guiding you to the appropriate action but you have to be open to it. 

Quoting all_4_my_son:

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM

OP, you need to walk your own path, just as each god does.  Sometimes you walk with one god, sometimes another and sometimes alone.  I've walked several paths.  It takes a lot of honesty and tril & error to find the right one.

Good luck finding a new spiritual path.  There are so many out there, you'll find the right one to fit your needs.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

No, He doesn't.  What have YOU done to help yourself?  You just sit there and think if you pray, yet do nothing all your prayers will be answered?  And I have to say that negative prayers never work.  You pray that your husband WON'T cheat on you?  You pray that you WON'T lose your job, or car or house.  That is where your focus was-on the negatives.  And that's what happened to you.  (I focus on the positives and thank God every day for what He's given me, and what I would like for the future.) Now, what did you do to prevent these things from happening to you?  What steps have you taken to pick yourself up and dust yourself off?  Sounds to me like you're just wallowing in self-pity, and then blaming God.  God is there to lean on and give you love and hope in the hard times-not to give you some fairy-land existence.  Do you think that every one of us (even those of us who trust and believe in God) hasn't had hard times?  Hate to break it to you, but we have.  People on the outside can look at me and my family and think we've got it made.  We are very blessed, but we have had our struggles.  Hard struggles.  But the difference is that we still focus on the positives-and there are ALWAYS positives.  We're still alive, right?  And we work hard.  Very hard.  And we refuse to ever allow bitterness to take over our hearts.

Quoting all_4_my_son:

I'm not raw.....I'm finally seeing the truth. I still believe there is a god but I also believe He picks and chooses who he blesses

Quoting chalisa0:

I'm sorry.  I have issues with what you say, but I think you're too raw right now for that discussion.  I truly hope you find peace.

JaydeesLaydee
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM

There's not one person on here who hasn't had a rough patch in their lives or felt forsaken by whatever entity they believed in.  Just so you know, these types of things happen to non believers too...and if you look hard enough, you will find many others who are going through an even rougher patch than you are.  

I see by your screen name that you are "all 4 my son"...well then I am going to suggest to you again that you DO have blessings in your life.  There are many women out there who would give anything to have a baby but can't have one...but you got blessed with one. When you said earlier you didn't understand how some people got blessed and others didn't...well, a childless mother would wonder the same thing about you.  You were chosen to be this little guy's mama through thick and thin and all the challenges, joys, and sorrows that came with the little bundle.  You're not expected to be perfect, you're only expected to do your best to raise him to be an upstanding young man.  And even if he does lose his way, (something I hope never happens but I have two boys and one has behavioral disorders that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy and the other one is OK but there's lots of room for improvement there too.) 

Just sit down and think about all the things you DO have instead of the things you lost and wanted so badly to keep. 

If you put on something to wear, woke up this morning, and have some place to call home, even if it's not the one you lost, ate something today,  you are one up on other people in the world and have a lot more to be grateful for than you realize.

Yes, it hurts when a husband cheats and it hurts when you lose a home or a good job...shit happens.  And I firmly believe you can't appreciate the good things without experiencing the bad things...

Quoting JaydeesLaydee:

I never said it was your fault BUT, faith without works is dead...having faith and going through the motions of faith is not enough. You've also got to listen to those little hunches and notions you get sometimes after you pray...that's God telling you to take action and guiding you to the appropriate action but you have to be open to it. 

Quoting all_4_my_son:

happynugget6
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Then you were never a born again believer. You had a religion with God not a relationship. God is not a magic genie there for granting your wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaydeesLaydee
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Amen...this is what I've been trying to tell you OP....you have many blessings and faith without works is dead.  

Chalisa is onto something.  I'm not blaming you for your downfall but she is right.  Negative prayers never work.  Like with your marriage situation.  You feel god forsook you when he cheated anyway when you prayed that he wouldn't.  If you prayed about that, something deep in your gut told you that there were problems with the marriage or it wouldn't have crossed your mind in the first place! 

When I was with my husband I was at the ultimate rock bottom. I'm still trying to shake a bad reputation that I undeservedly earned around this town and am still at the bottom but ended up with a job that was too good to be true. I still think about that sometimes...and every time I take two steps forward I get pulled back by five...the answer to your prayer is to find a man who will treat you right and appreciate you for you and not cheat, and make the best of a bad situation, for your child's sake.  

Quoting chalisa0:

No, He doesn't.  What have YOU done to help yourself?  You just sit there and think if you pray, yet do nothing all your prayers will be answered?  And I have to say that negative prayers never work.  You pray that your husband WON'T cheat on you?  You pray that you WON'T lose your job, or car or house.  That is where your focus was-on the negatives.  And that's what happened to you.  (I focus on the positives and thank God every day for what He's given me, and what I would like for the future.) Now, what did you do to prevent these things from happening to you?  What steps have you taken to pick yourself up and dust yourself off?  Sounds to me like you're just wallowing in self-pity, and then blaming God.  God is there to lean on and give you love and hope in the hard times-not to give you some fairy-land existence.  Do you think that every one of us (even those of us who trust and believe in God) hasn't had hard times?  Hate to break it to you, but we have.  People on the outside can look at me and my family and think we've got it made.  We are very blessed, but we have had our struggles.  Hard struggles.  But the difference is that we still focus on the positives-and there are ALWAYS positives.  We're still alive, right?  And we work hard.  Very hard.  And we refuse to ever allow bitterness to take over our hearts.

Quoting all_4_my_son:

I'm not raw.....I'm finally seeing the truth. I still believe there is a god but I also believe He picks and chooses who he blesses

Quoting chalisa0:

I'm sorry.  I have issues with what you say, but I think you're too raw right now for that discussion.  I truly hope you find peace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)