Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an Australian!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:26 AM
  • 18 Replies

Yep that's right, I am. So, a lot of you seem to have almost no clue about Australia. 

I figured I could help answer those questions you might have, and hopefully find some other aussies!

GO go go.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:28 AM
I want to move to Australia so badly. :( But it would be impossible with the immigration laws it has in place.
JadedFaerie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:30 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to move to Australia so badly. :( But it would be impossible with the immigration laws it has in place.

What makes you say that?

WhyIstheworld
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:32 AM

yeah australia is awesome i wished i lived there!

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:34 AM

How long does it take to immigrate? lol/ Actually, I love the idea of going to Austrailia, but I admit that in my mind it is a place crawling with spiders, mice, and snakes, not to mention crockadiles and sharks. I think it would be a nice place to visit. Do you live in a larger city or are you further into the rural areas? Also, since I am not going to google this, does it ever snow in Australia?

JadedFaerie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Quoting WhyIstheworld:

It's alright, our government is fucking around a bit though.

JadedFaerie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Quoting etsmom:

How long does it take to immigrate? lol/ Actually, I love the idea of going to Austrailia, but I admit that in my mind it is a place crawling with spiders, mice, and snakes, not to mention crockadiles and sharks. I think it would be a nice place to visit. Do you live in a larger city or are you further into the rural areas? Also, since I am not going to google this, does it ever snow in Australia?

If it is any consolation, I was born on the coast and have only ever seen 2 full grown sharks in my life, with regards to crocs, I've seen them at croc farms and in zoos but am yet to see a wild one, though apparently they are everywhere where I loive. As for spiders,well yeah. Mice not so much, the snakes keep them away.

I cannot STAND cities. When LO was born we had to go back and forth to the city and it drove me bonkers. I've always lived atleast 2hrs from a big town. 

It snows in the south.

WhyIstheworld
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:50 AM

thats everywhere, the same here in italy and the united states isn't any better. corruption, corruption corrruption along with debt.

Quoting JadedFaerie:

Quoting WhyIstheworld:

JadedFaerie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:51 AM

Oh it's not corruption,just a female in parliment.

Quoting WhyIstheworld:

thats everywhere, the same here in italy and the united states isn't any better. corruption, corruption corrruption along with debt.

Quoting JadedFaerie:

Quoting WhyIstheworld:

peaches_04
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:53 AM
Is it true its legal to go into public building with out shoes:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:55 AM
1 mom liked this

You know, something just occurred to me. I think men with Australian accents are sexy as hell. But, I don't know if I've ever heard a woman with an Australian accent, and if I have, it didn't make an impression. I wonder, does that mean that Australian accents are only sexy on men? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)