Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your son or daughter came to you

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And said "I'm gay" would you disown them?

Yes or no?
If yes why?

I wouldn't disown my child I would still love him the same.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM

No, no more so than I would disown any child of mine who was sinning.  Bash away, I won't be back to read it.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I suspect that the homophobe Anon is a troll.  She (or he?) has yet to come in and defend their response.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM
No, it would be hypocritical of me to do so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM

No I love my kids unconditionally and would never disown them no matter what. As long as the person they choose treats them with respect ( which would go for being gay or straight) I'm happy.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope but their bio dad said if my boy was gay he would, the girls it would be ok. I asked why and he said he's not raising a faggot... To which I replied you're not raising anything anyway.
DF wouldn't care either when I told him what BD said her responded "he's an ass, they're my kids anyway" lol he's awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I would say Ok I already knew because i believe there are signs that a parent can pick up on if they pay attention. I knew since my daughter was 4

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW!

I hate to say it but if you can be that hateful with your child, someone you gave birth too. Maybe they are better off without you in their life.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can put up with a lot, but if son / daughter told me they were gay, I would say something like; " That's nice sweetheart. Dad and I have thought so for awhile now. We're glad  you came out of the closet and are being honest with us because now you can pack your shit and get the hell out of our house!!!!!. You have 24 hrs. to be gone! or you're trespassing. leave the key on the counter on your way out the door.  Dad and I are going out. You are dead to us and don't contact either of us again.  We are terribly sorry that you chose this path of sin.  We really thought we loved you once. If you do decide to turn straight again... you can send us an e-mail."

If any of my kids dropped a bombshell about being gay, I would feel like a total failure as a mom, and could not have anything to do with it (them) again.  Don't care how old or young.  They would be Immediately ex-comunicated from the family..

NO BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

.Pagan.
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM

no

crispysmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM
No way. I love my children, no matter who they love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aschwarz06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM
No I'd ask how ling they have known and if they were currently in a relationship
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)