Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your son or daughter came to you

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And said "I'm gay" would you disown them?

Yes or no?
If yes why?

I wouldn't disown my child I would still love him the same.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Replies (191-200):
LadyStork
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittenmom001
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I am a Christ follower if my daughter told me she was gay no I wouldn't be happy. I wouldnt throw her out, or disown her either, nor would I punish her. I will still take her to church and love her as I did before. And yes I would pray that it would be a phase if not then I will still love her no matter what.
ambiibooxo
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I love this

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a pic for that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM
It wouldn't phase me the same way it wouldn't phase me if he says he's heterosexual. There are very few things that would make me disown my own child and being gay isn't one of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulumomof2
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

of course not! I believe that being gay is NOT a choice, but the way one is born. I didn't choose to be straight, lol! I've always been this way!

Dobermans are like Potato chips, nobody can have just one!

my_babies_n_me
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

No, in fact, I have already had this happen.  My son is 6.  I do not know for sure if he completely understands what it means yet though, so I am just kind of in limbo, waiting to find out whether it is the truth or not.  Not that it matters anyway, I am just curious, lol.  Anyway, to answer the question, I would love my child/children even more for being so strong as to be able to say that without fearing ridicule or rejection from me or anyone else.  I am raising my children to love people, not genders.  If my son loves a man when he is grown, that's ok.  If he loves a woman, that's ok too.  I do not understand why anyone would disown their own flesh and blood over something that they did not choose. 

P.S.  I also have a daughter, who is 7..she has not shown any interest either way.  Just wanted to add that really quick.

SweetPea05
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course not. Sometimes I think fellow Christians forget, it is NOT up to us to judge, especially not our children. Our job is to love them and try our best to point them in the right direction. My children will make their own choices and I will love them and be there for them 100% any way they choose to go.

My parents are a great example of this. I was raised in an LDS home, but I am divorced (they are happy about that part lol) and I am a bit skittish about marriage. However even though I live unmarried with my SO and we are now expecting a baby my parents still love and support me completely. It was a little tough for them at first, but they understand its my life and don't pass judgement or disown me. I want to pass that on to my children!

bozobean
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM
No. My child will always be my baby either way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reyna09
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

it wouldnt change the way i feel about my son at all if he told me he was gay. i wouldnt have a problem if he told me he wanted to be a girl either. ill support my son 100% if he ever tells me those things.

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Never. I love my son with every cell in my body and nothing he does will change that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)