Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband says being on PA makes him feel like dirt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 337 Replies

News to me! I thought he was happy we get so much help, and I get to raise my son, while all he has to do is go to school.

WHATever. He doesn't feel like dirt when I am paying for food, with ease, or when im buying movies and new clothes or going to new places with our son. He is on MY case, not the other way around...

He just needs to shut the fuck up, and finish school.

good grief.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM
20 moms liked this
If it makes him feel like dirt, tell him to get a job.

My husband manages to go to school full time and work 40 hours a week.

When he was laid off he worked at fucking McDonalds for 40 hours a week until he could find a better paying job.

He would rather work ANYWHERE than get assistance....... but that's him
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM
BUMP
luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Y can't he work??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
ur hubby sounds like he has a stick up his butt with way too much pride op
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Tell him to get a job then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM
O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM
11 moms liked this
He probably feels like that because he isn't being the typical bread winner. And most people on pa who really need it don't go blowing money on other things like you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm.

Well maybe he should think about picking up at least a part time job. If he isn't willing to do that, then he needs to shut the fuck up, finish school, and hope it all pans out well in the end, so you no longer need assistance. Even with the job, you still would get assistance, but maybe he wouldn't feel like dirt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM
19 moms liked this
He should feel like dirt. It's not everyone else's responsibility to pay for his family. If you can't pay your bills you shouldn't stay home, and he should get a job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM
6 moms liked this
No offfense but my husband and I both work and both go to school full time. Without PA. I chose to work in case of emergency, and to have extra for savings or family vacations. Out oldest is 19 months old and our youngest is due any day now. We both volunteer in ministries at our church as well.

If he feels like dirt you should talk to him, acknowledge him and both make a game plan together. Maybe one or both should get a job.

I go without new clothing when I can. I make what we have stretch. Its not always easy. But clothing does not make the person. I ad/price match and coupon to save on the grocery bill. We only use the a/c and heater when needed. And yet all of our bills are paid on time and in full every month. We work hard. That's what we are showing our children. The value of hard work. That it does pay off. And trust me when I say, we don't go without anything here. I've just learned the shortcuts and budgeting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)