Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Had My Babies Natural

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 33 Replies
6 moms liked this
4 of my 7 babies were born at home, drug free!

Guess what! I'm no better than anyone else! I don't care if you had a natural, medicated, cesarean, or some other birth... You are awesome!

Screw anyone who tells you any different!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
And I still love you all!

So not a drama post! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM
=)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this
As a homebirther myself I would agree I am not better but I am very frustrated by the way most doctors practice, bc of my experiance and education after home birthing I will advocate a more natural birth. It is safer for many moms and babies, hopefully that isn't taken as a "you are bad I am good" thing. My heart is to help women realize just what they are giving up when they agree to fully trust. All women no matter how you birth should know the options and educate themselves fully, as well as know/trust their bodies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Next baby I'm not having painmeds. I'lll probably still be in a hospital since I don't believe my insurance would cover a homebirth. Maybe one day :)

mami323
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Hey i know where u been
???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I believe every birth is technically natural. If your baby wasn't born out of a peetree dish or some mechanical incubator then isn't it technically natural. There are intervention free births, but for the most part all are natural.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Pregnancy (the act of carrying a child) is always natural, conception and birth are not as clear.
I don't think csections should be considered natural = normal. Its surgery and should be reserved for emergencies . The more its made normal, the easier it will be for women to end up with unneeded ones:(
A stand should be taken that doctors are held accountable to.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe every birth is technically natural. If your baby wasn't born out of a peetree dish or some mechanical incubator then isn't it technically natural. There are intervention free births, but for the most part all are natural.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

It's natural for someone to someone to eat a placenta, but that doesn't make it normal. Normalcy and natural are two totally different things. Normal is common, where as natural is of this earth and not man made. A c section or birth with interventions isnt artificial birth. Its not vaginal birth, but it most certainly isn't artificial. To me a baby being born out of a machine would be unnatural.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pregnancy (the act of carrying a child) is always natural, conception and birth are not as clear.
I don't think csections should be considered natural = normal. Its surgery and should be reserved for emergencies . The more its made normal, the easier it will be for women to end up with unneeded ones:(
A stand should be taken that doctors are held accountable to.

Quoting Anonymous:

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I 100% agree. I couldn't do natural. Then again my body seemed to fight labor so I was induced and used IV drugs for pain relief. Do I wish I could've gone natural? Yep. But what is important is my children are here, happy and healthy (well my oldest is sick right now but you know what I mean, lol).

AJSCASJMSmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I wish I could do home birth I hate the hospital. But I agree with what you are saying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured