Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

[EDIT.] To all the so-called "ladies" that keep coming into posts and telling people they're ugly...

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 128 Replies
31 moms liked this

Those of you who keep coming into otherwise positive posts and picking women apart, telling them they're ugly, telling them that they need to hit the gym or that they have a big ass nose or they are ugly... you should be ashamed of yourselves. I am seriously appalled at your behavior.

Yes, this is the internet and we should let comments like this go in one ear (eye?) and out the other, but many women are very insecure about their bodies, their weight, their features, their hair, whatever. I would venture to say that most, if not all, women are insecure about some part of their appearance.

And here you go, feeding into their insecurities, when as a woman, you should be empowering other women, strengthening them, affirming their beauty. You should be helping other women to feel secure and beautiful. You should be picking other women up when they're down, building them up so they can be more confident in themselves. Instead, you come into a post where we're supposed to be doing just that, and you do the opposite.

No, appearance is not the most important thing in the world. But you are probably the same people/person that goes around judging women because they're on PA, because they have a past, because they cheated or got cheated on, because they are not perfect in every way.

And you are? I highly doubt it.

I don't need you to tell me that my body's not perfect. I know it's not. But I love it nonetheless. I am happy with my appearance. I am beautiful, inside and out. I am confident in myself. I love myself. And I feel very sorry for you.

As I said in another post, you must be a very small, cold hearted, insecure person if you think it's appropriate to pick apart other women.

EDIT: The post I'm referring to was NOT a rate me post. It was a post asking ladies to post a picture of their favorite feature. It was not about asking women to judge each other, just a positive post. There should not have been ANY judging or rating in this post. Here it is: Click. (I hope I don't get in trouble for that.)

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eve210
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM
11 moms liked this
It's funny how those mean bitches are usually anonymous or do not post pics of themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C-Leigh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I agree completely
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Are you talking about the "rate me" posts?

They're looking for honesty....
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM
3 moms liked this

I guess it is hard for people who feel so powerless to empower others, that is all I can figure. 

partyof54me
by ♥The Show Off♥ on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Agreed

Holztastic
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:08 PM

The specific post I'm talking about was a positive post. Unlike the rate me posts, it was supposed to be ladies coming in, posting pics and telling what features they loved. It wasn't about bringing people down, it was about building yourselves and others up.

Quoting Anonymous:

.not.angel.
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:08 PM

This is mom confessions, on CM...

I'm just sayin.

crispysmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LbH8rproof
Amen sista!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justnancyb
3 moms liked this

Get real.  No, they're not.  They're looking to feel better about themselves. They're begging for attention, asking someone to say something nice to them, when the truth is that it really doesn't matter, that true beauty comes from within, that what matters is what you say and do, not how you look.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)