Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

[EDIT.] To all the so-called "ladies" that keep coming into posts and telling people they're ugly...

Posted by   + Show Post

Those of you who keep coming into otherwise positive posts and picking women apart, telling them they're ugly, telling them that they need to hit the gym or that they have a big ass nose or they are ugly... you should be ashamed of yourselves. I am seriously appalled at your behavior.

Yes, this is the internet and we should let comments like this go in one ear (eye?) and out the other, but many women are very insecure about their bodies, their weight, their features, their hair, whatever. I would venture to say that most, if not all, women are insecure about some part of their appearance.

And here you go, feeding into their insecurities, when as a woman, you should be empowering other women, strengthening them, affirming their beauty. You should be helping other women to feel secure and beautiful. You should be picking other women up when they're down, building them up so they can be more confident in themselves. Instead, you come into a post where we're supposed to be doing just that, and you do the opposite.

No, appearance is not the most important thing in the world. But you are probably the same people/person that goes around judging women because they're on PA, because they have a past, because they cheated or got cheated on, because they are not perfect in every way.

And you are? I highly doubt it.

I don't need you to tell me that my body's not perfect. I know it's not. But I love it nonetheless. I am happy with my appearance. I am beautiful, inside and out. I am confident in myself. I love myself. And I feel very sorry for you.

As I said in another post, you must be a very small, cold hearted, insecure person if you think it's appropriate to pick apart other women.

EDIT: The post I'm referring to was NOT a rate me post. It was a post asking ladies to post a picture of their favorite feature. It was not about asking women to judge each other, just a positive post. There should not have been ANY judging or rating in this post. Here it is: Click. (I hope I don't get in trouble for that.)

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

you know what I meant, but everyone knows there are ugly people in the world.

Quoting Holztastic:

It's attitudes like this that upset me. Just because you're not a beauty queen does not make you ugly. Everyone has something about them that is beautiful. It's not all black and white.

I have seen morbidly obese women that are still beautiful. People with scars covering their faces - still beautiful. It's a shame that you have to fit into society's idea of beauty to be considered beautiful. It's also a shame that so many beautiful women think they are ugly because they don't fit into that mold.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

well not everyone is beauty queen, some people are ugly. thats just life.

luvcloudydays
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Im hawt, and don't need to make rate me posts in order to validate that. Those women are looking for attention, troofs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Btw, OP, thanks for making this post. <3

Aadensma
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom said the same thing. I believe it.

Quoting Danita42:

My mother used to always say women who constantly point out other womans "flaws" are usually pointing out the "flaws" and insecurities they have in themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colbys_mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

It is very sad, when they do that to others. I would never do or say those thing to or about another women. Yes i know not everyone thinks everyone is beautiful or whatever but they dont have to be so mean about it. The rate me posts is a different thing all together, but to for some of the women in here attacking others in posts especially when it has nothing to do with the post its self.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM

bump

Grumpylilpixy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I do NOT contribute to those post..

I think it is funny a bunch of bitches in glass houses tearing other down.

LOL Please get a mirror !

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, if somebody posts a picture, they are opening themself up to whatever comments may come their way. Some people are brutally honest. Personally, when I see a "rate me" post I keep comments to myself if the person is ugly. Not everybody does that, and nobody should have to, if somebody is asking to be rated.

capefearmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I couldnt agree with you more!! So often women tear each other down for no reason other than they can get away with it!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM

That happened to me with a private group on cafemom. A bunch of people who I truly thought of as friends. They attacked me, my parenting choices, my family, my husband, my kids, EVERYTHING. It happened in the group and in private messages. It's the reason that I stopped using cafemom for 3 years. Now I'm very careful about who I trust and what i say online. It's the main reason I use the anonymous option so much.

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I was torn to shreds online recently (not on cafemom) for a comment I made. I wasn't as kind as I could have been (I said "Believe whatever you want but don't tell me about it") but the retaliation was far from my wildest dreams.

The entire group was not just taunting, but shamelessly, mercilessly trying to draw blood just because they could. Even people I had considered internet friends were in on the bullying. And it was the most excessive internet bullying I've experienced. It's the first time I have ever even thought to use the word "cyber bullying."

I know there are times when I set myself up for attacks, but this was completely out of the blue, entirely unexpected. 

It's just the internet, but words hurt.

I've been in heated debates on cafemom many times, I've been ganged up on for an opinion, but I have never been so deeply hurt on such a personal level as I was by them, especially people who had taken my side before were calling me cruel and obscene names, saying incredibly hurtful things about me as a person. 

I was never unreasonable with them, because no matter what I am a reasonable person, or at least I try to be. 

So, it's too bad to think that others are unfairly being treated that way as well and I agree with your post.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)