Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Co-Sleeping: My daughter died while cs and I didn't stop.

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM
  • 151 Replies
5 moms liked this
To begin, I have had 5 children. I co-slept with all of them and have no regrets. My fourth child Celia died at five and a half weeks and the death was ruled overlay. The autopsy report listed no anatomical cause of death.

At that point I had 13 years experience with co-sleeping. My next child was born a year later and I co-slept with him as well. He is now 5 1/2 and still occasionally sleeps in my bed. I don't care what laws they pass this is my lifestyle and parenting choice. I believe my daughter died of SIDS, RAD or possibly prolonged QT interval which runs in my family.

Say whatever you want about co-sleeping or bad parenting or whatever. I have never regretted the decision to share a bed with my kids.

EDIT: None of my children had problems transitioning to their own beds. I like sex too (lmao) or why do I have so many kids! My children are 19, 14, 9 & 5. My daughter Celia Blue would be 6 1/2 right now if she had lived. I strive to make informed parenting choices. I read EVERYTHING and then I follow my gut. I am extremely happy with how and who my children are!

EDIT EDIT: Update from me on page 14. Idiotic mobile acts like it knows me personally and dislikes me!
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nyonlymom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry your daughter passed away.  I've just always thought that co-sleeping would encourage kids to sleep in your bed forever and wreak havoc on your sex life.  That's not the reason I didn't do it though.  I enjoy having my bed to myself.  To each her own, I guess.

AlwaysExpecting
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Wow. 

mrsbrimer
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I dont cosleep because i dont want a 5 year old jumping in our bed because she cant sleep on her own.. mommy and daddy need private time. To each their own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM
15 moms liked this
Good for you. I really mean that. No one stops putting their babies in a crib if they have one die from SIDS (also known as "crib death").
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Sorry for your loss, I also co-slept with both of my children. No greater feeling in the world that having that cuddle time with them.. I am a light sleeper however, so I didn't worry at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry about your Princess! That's your choice no bashing here. It was NOT your fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Quoting Mommavieve:

Good for you. I really mean that. No one stops putting their babies in a crib if they have one die from SIDS (also known as "crib death").

Exactly. OP, I am so sorry for your loss.

C-Leigh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Sorry for your loss mama.
kamrynlily07
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :( I am a firm believer/supporter of co sleeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM
5 moms liked this
Wow.
If one of my kids died from cosleeping, I wouldn't be able to do it again.

Sorry about your loss.
But, you'd think you have learned obviously you slept too deep to realize you rolled onto your
baby (your dh too. If that's how it happened)
I find it irresponsible at this point, knowing what you do and continuing.
Hope it doesn't happen to future babies.

I cosleep too, I'm a firm believer in it. But if that happened I wouldn't do it again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN