Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister wants to adopt my baby.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Hi. I'm new here and wanted to ask for some advice.

I'm 17 years old right now I'm 11 weeks pregnant. I understand that I'm really young to have a baby but that's not why my sister wants to adopt him or why my family (who all wanted me to have an abortion) is pressuring me into giving him up....it's because the father is my brother-in-law.

and no, I wasn't raped or forced into anything. He and my sister were debating getting a divorce and were seperated at the time. He's always been like a brother to me so we were just spending time together and, obviously, things went too far.

Shortly after that one night we swore to never tell anyone and he and my sister reconciled...then I found out I'm pregnant. I didn't want to say who the father was at first and it was my Bro-in-law that did the math and came to me and asked. I should have just lied but I told him the truth and he told my sister.

She's 32 and had a hysterectomy at 24 after their son was born. They wanted another child but couldn't. Sister is trying to force me to give her my baby and never talk about it again. To say i'm just his aunt and pretend like nothing ever happened. I really don't want to and I'm scared that if I do, he's never going to be treated well and what if they do get a divorce? then what happens to my child??

I really have no idea what to do. I'm graduating form high school a year yearly already and I am supposed to start college int h fall but I can take some time off, get a job and take care of this baby myself.

i know what I did was wrong but I don't regret or hate my baby. yes, I kinda regret how he came to be, but he is till my child and I will do whatever it takes to give him the best life I can. and If my family keeps saying that i HAVE to give him up, I don't think I want to give him to my sister.

I'm scared. any suggestions or help??

**Oh, and no, I don't know what the sex is yet. The only reason I keep saying Him/he is because I don't want to refer to my baby as an "it". I dislike when people do that.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Replies (61-70):
mitikusmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM

If you want to keep your baby, find a job, a place to live and a support system and do it.  Don't let your sister bully you into making a decision you may very well regret later.

Jblaac57
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont usually go straight to adoption as an answer but with this situation i am. not only did you screw your sisters husband, but youre having a baby with him KNOWING that your sister wanted more children with that man and couldnt have anymore. I agree with some other posters too that he should be in jail...and you should give the baby to your sister and be completely ashamed of yourself...smh

manicMOM_DLC
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:52 PM
So weird. Any other teen mom comes In here and out come the meanies...
Good luck to ya op if I was u I'd let her adopt it. U get to have ur childhood, you get to have an easier life, your future will be easier, your family still respects you, you still get to be a part of the baby's life, your sister and husband have the baby they want.....

Really it sounds like an all around win If ya ask me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rigosgurl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:57 PM
This

Quoting gemini53176:

keep your baby you can do it! tell your family to go pound sand if they are trying to pressure you into an abortion or give baby up for adoption. and for college, it will alwys be there. where theres a will theres a way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Step back and think you sick and twisted previous posters! What if op wasn't the wife's sister, just some random 17 yo that got knocked up by a friends husband?! I bout guarantee y'all would be ssaying for her to fight for her child, and her child's rights.

She already said abortion was not an option. How disgusting that her sister not only wants to coerce her into giving her her baby, but also keeps the pig ass husband?!? Who's to say skanky babydaddy won't be sleeping with his sons girlfriends next?

Op, your baby, you life. Personally I wouldn't have done what you did. But now it's over and you need to deal. Start looking for a good job, housing, get the heck out a dodge! You want to keep the baby? You need to man up and start being the woman you thought you were when you had sex.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Quoting mammabear18:

Eeek. Sorry for your situation but I have nothing nice to say. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Exactly this!! If you want to keep YOUR baby, then do so :)

Quoting brettsmomma:

Thats YOUR child. You do what you feel is best. Dont ever allow anyone to pressure you into something you are not 100% comfortable doing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnd4
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM
What does the father say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Lovemusic0811
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Dont let anyone decide you and your babies future.... If you to keep the baby thats your choice not theirs..... Of you eanted to give the baby up for adoption then you can go to and adoption agency you dont have to give the baby to your sister....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN