Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If God... *for the nonbelievers*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Doesn't exist then why do we exist? What is the reason for human beings or for life in that matter?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Replies (351-360):
KitschyGirl
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Why does there have to be a reason?

harehelper
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, that is the problem. Evil things happen in this world, and that will not change until Jesus returns. That was not God's decision, it was human beings that made that choice.

God most definitely has compassion for all people, why else would He allow His son to die so that all people have the chance to get into eternal paradise?

Quoting Anonymous:

it's not the existence of evil that's the problem.

it's the lack of compassion for the innocent from a "loving" god.  Things like the Ethiopian famine are proof that either there is no god, or that he's a raving lunatic sadistic asshole.

Quoting harehelper:

Why would the fact that  there is evil, and that bad things happen, disprove the existence of God?

Quoting SDarvasi:

You should probably ask them if there's a God.

harehelper
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful things are from God. If there was no God, there would be no joy, happiness, etc. Heck, there would be no US.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Why would the fact that there is beauty and evil things happen, prove the existance of a god then?

Quoting harehelper:

Why would the fact that  there is evil, and that bad things happen, disprove the existence of God?

Quoting SDarvasi:

harehelper
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Because we already discussed the whole death issue in that conversation. I say leaving this world is only going on to your eternal life, you say we all just mold away in the dirt, LOL.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

probably.  what's that got to do with the price of tea in china?

Quoting harehelper:

Was that you that I was having the discussion with about God not being a murderer a while back?

Quoting RiotousDigits:

no, because I'll be dead.

Quoting harehelper:

You don't think that when you die you will be able to figure out if you are in Heaven or hanging out on Mount Olympus?

Quoting acaisha:

No... unfortunately it won't.. and the debate goes on.

Quoting harehelper:

I guess time will tell which one of us is right. :)

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I will see my gods when it is my time to go to them.

Quoting harehelper:

Lots of people do. You won't be coming face-to-face with any of those other gods/goddesses when you leave this earth though.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I disagree. i belive in many gods and goddesses.

Quoting harehelper:

There's only one. :)

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Which god are we talking about? Zeus, Thor, Krishnah, etc?

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM

We dont really know.. No one does. We just choose to leave it at that while others make up stories bc they NEED answers, and now. One day we will know. You and I will no longer be here. But we learn more and more everyday, scientifically speaking, and some just keep their eyes shut to it.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO, I LOVEEEE how believers give *god* credit for all good and beautiful but do not hold him accountable for all wrong, evil and ugly. Classic.

Quoting harehelper:

Beautiful things are from God. If there was no God, there would be no joy, happiness, etc. Heck, there would be no US.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Why would the fact that there is beauty and evil things happen, prove the existance of a god then?

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting SDarvasi:

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Amen!

Quoting harehelper:

Yes, that is the problem. Evil things happen in this world, and that will not change until Jesus returns. That was not God's decision, it was human beings that made that choice.

God most definitely has compassion for all people, why else would He allow His son to die so that all people have the chance to get into eternal paradise?

Quoting Anonymous:

it's the lack of compassion for the innocent from a "loving" god.  Things like the Ethiopian famine are proof that either there is no god, or that he's a raving lunatic sadistic asshole.

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting SDarvasi:

SDarvasi
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay....so, where's your proof? If God can exist because of all the beautiful things, where is he for all of the negative things? Joy? Happiness? For who? Does he randomly select who gets to be joyful or happy? Did these kids do something wrong? Do people who suffer not pray enough? I'm tired of hearing that God is real and true when it comes to all the good things...but you wonder, how a being that powerful, can't take care of the suffering, or stop a child from being raped, or intervene in a natural disaster to save people from dying.....oh, but of course, it's free will, right? Okay...then where's the free will of the baby the dies while being born? Where's the free will of the patient dying of cancer, and has children to care for? WHere's the free will when a family is sleeping in their home and it gets hit by lightning and sets it on fire and they can't escape and die??

I respect other people's opinions...and you believe in what you wish. But I will believe only in things that MAKE SENSE and aren't one sided.

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting SDarvasi:

harehelper
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Yes, they do, and yes missionaries teach people about God. Aaand yes, people in these countries do put their faith in God all the time. Not all of them of course, it is the same as over here, some people will believe and some won't. But the Bible says that Jesus won't return and end this world until EVERYONE has heard about Him and has had ample chance to make that decision.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Also....don't a lot of religious groups do work out there? Those Christian network tv fundraisers, asking for a dollar a day......wouldn't THEY be able to teach them? And if they try to....do you think those people will believe it?

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize there are hundreds of countries that have never heard the word of God due to the isolation and lack of communication.

Quoting SDarvasi:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

your god sure can hold a grudge.  all over a freakin' apple... or pomegranite.  Either way, not very compassionate. 

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting SDarvasi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN