Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

did you wait the full 6 weeks?

Posted by   + Show Post

i had a baby vaginally with an episiotomy on the 18th and i'm already wanting sex! i know they say to wait 6 weeks but i don't know if i can. what is the safest but soonest i can have ex with my DH? how long did you wait?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Replies (31-38):
jmg4211
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Quoting Aeonix:

I had a c-section this time and we waited 2 weeks. With dd we waited about 6 days I think. That was a vaginal birth with no episiotomy though. Same with my first, I think we waited 3 weeks. It's been so long it's hard to remember now. ;)

I had a c section with my first and we waited about 2 weeks too.

Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

i had c-sections and waited 4 weeks

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM
about 4.

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM
With our first, the 6 weeks, but we were young, worried about what might happen. 2nd, like 3 or 4 days shy of 6 weeks. He didn't wanna wait any longer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I waited the 6 weeks. You need to give your body time to heal and it takes a little while for your cervix to close
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I had a c-section with both girls. 1st i waited the full 6 weeks, i was a very rough surgery. The second we waited 11 days. It was painful but we hadnt had sex in months due to a cerclage so we did not want to wait lol PS, use birth control, CONDOMS im sure the pill hasnt had time to take effect

Aeonix
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting jmg4211:

This is totally tmi, but my post c-section sex was one of the best times ever lol. I was so scared about my incision before actually getting to it but it was never an issue at all.
KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM

6 weeks wth my firt.5 years wth last .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)