Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever called CPS on someone?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I would care more about the neglect than the pot.

Quoting Rachellee12:

I considered it. The home was in complete shambles, cockroaches live and dead, animal feces, sand on the bed where the newborn slept, formula left in bottles and not washed, no working sink, completely disgusting. I look back now and wish I did. Honestly, I still could. And the mother and father smoke marijuana around their child 9who now is only three months old. Maybe, I should?

mom2fivekids579
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Yes if you know about things that aren't right and don't report it you are just as guilty adults have to be the voice for children

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I would say yes.

Quoting Rachellee12:

I considered it. The home was in complete shambles, cockroaches live and dead, animal feces, sand on the bed where the newborn slept, formula left in bottles and not washed, no working sink, completely disgusting. I look back now and wish I did. Honestly, I still could. And the mother and father smoke marijuana around their child 9who now is only three months old. Maybe, I should?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM
I don't think that's true. I think everyone is a vulnerable soul, and you can't blame someone for not speaking up.

Quoting mom2fivekids579:

Yes if you know about things that aren't right and don't report it you are just as guilty adults have to be the voice for children

onethought
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM
She was drugging her oldest dd to keep her from crying. And she lived in pure filth. The oldest child was peeing and pooping on the floor in the house. They slept on a poop crusted air mattress and my niece was so malnourished and dehydrated that her skin was literally gray

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW. For what?

Quoting onethought:

My sister

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM

SIL had me babysit after she left her husband. And she didn't come home after her shift. Didn't hear from her for 24 hours. Now she hid the baby from everyone. Her lawyer is supposed to be gaurdian at lidum (I'm very sure that isn't spelt right) but won't call back to make the arrangments for the baby to see the family that cares. SIL didn't come home for the week before the babies Bday, only showed up because her family (SIL mom and dad) Texted that they were on their way to surprise their grand daughter. The baby had a serious injury and she left the baby with us "cause I need to go calm down" I was told she was going to get cigarettes, but she didn't return for hours... 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think we have all had those moments.

Quoting firespurity:

No, but ethically I should have. I really wish I had. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Oh my god. Did you come from the same mother?? Where are the children, now?

Quoting onethought:

She was drugging her oldest dd to keep her from crying. And she lived in pure filth. The oldest child was peeing and pooping on the floor in the house. They slept on a poop crusted air mattress and my niece was so malnourished and dehydrated that her skin was literally gray

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW. For what?

Quoting onethought:

My sister

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I had a friend, years ago, that was neglected by her parents. I wish my mother had called.

Quoting firespurity:

SIL had me babysit after she left her husband. And she didn't come home after her shift. Didn't hear from her for 24 hours. Now she hid the baby from everyone. Her lawyer is supposed to be gaurdian at lidum (I'm very sure that isn't spelt right) but won't call back to make the arrangments for the baby to see the family that cares. SIL didn't come home for the week before the babies Bday, only showed up because her family (SIL mom and dad) Texted that they were on their way to surprise their grand daughter. The baby had a serious injury and she left the baby with us "cause I need to go calm down" I was told she was going to get cigarettes, but she didn't return for hours... 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think we have all had those moments.

Quoting firespurity:

No, but ethically I should have. I really wish I had. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Sounds like you did it to be more vindictive versus worrying about the welfare of a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes this new babysitter was supposed to take my kids from my SO one morning.On the first morning after already paying her,she had her 5 year old come to the door at 6am and say that no one was home.She made my man late for work and screwed us out of a babysitter so I called CPS on her for leaving her kid home alone.If she wasn't she shouldn't have told her child to lie and had integrity.

crispysmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)