Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever called CPS on someone?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Replies (51-60):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Actually legally you can be held accountable if you witness a child being abused and you don't contact authorities.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think that's true. I think everyone is a vulnerable soul, and you can't blame someone for not speaking up.

Quoting mom2fivekids579:

Yes if you know about things that aren't right and don't report it you are just as guilty adults have to be the voice for children

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Depends on where you work.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Actually legally you can be held accountable if you witness a child being abused and you don't contact authorities.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think that's true. I think everyone is a vulnerable soul, and you can't blame someone for not speaking up.

Quoting mom2fivekids579:

Yes if you know about things that aren't right and don't report it you are just as guilty adults have to be the voice for children

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Im not talking about a mandatory reporter who is required to report abuse.

From my understanding any adult who witnesses abuse and doesn't contact authorities can be charged

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends on where you work.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2fivekids579:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maisy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Nope, just at gas stations with kids not in car seats.
onethought
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM
We did come from the same mother, different fathers though. My niece is with her biological dad and he has had full custody now for more than 2 years

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my god. Did you come from the same mother?? Where are the children, now?

Quoting onethought:

She was drugging her oldest dd to keep her from crying. And she lived in pure filth. The oldest child was peeing and pooping on the floor in the house. They slept on a poop crusted air mattress and my niece was so malnourished and dehydrated that her skin was literally gray

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW. For what?

Quoting onethought:

My sister

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Good lord.

Quoting Maisy08:

Nope, just at gas stations with kids not in car seats.
Maisy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Why you think its ok for kids not to be in cars seats???
mom2fivekids579
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Oh BS if you don't have the balls to speak up for children who are mistreated and an adults first gut instinct is this isn't right don't speak up for abused children is a gutless soul..Thats why the world is the way it is because others don't want to get involved.If I know of any child that is abused in any way shape or form I will make it my mission to get that child out of that situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2fivekids579:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I'm not gonna get into it.

Quoting Maisy08:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why you think its ok for kids not to be in cars seats???
jbirchard
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM
No, but I wish I had on a few people I know, or knew..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)