Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever called CPS on someone?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:02 AM

my STBX walked out on me and my daughter, when he found out custody falls to me because he left and looks bad in the courts. He has been using every trick in the book to make me look bad. Funny thing he was a sweet kind husband that has turned into a monster because of severe depression.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Not called, i mailed them something.
A woman I nannied for was legally blind, single, and had 3 kids (2adopted, 1 foster) the 2 adopted older boys were both ADHD, the middle boy (6) had other issues as well. She was horrible to him. She would lock him in his room by tying the door shut with an extension cord. Made him sleep in a crib because he "acted like a baby" let him sleep in a room that reeked of pee because he would pee everywhere and didn't want to clean it up. She once made him do chores all day because she thought he painted on the rug, well at the end of the day she realized it was just a ruler sitting on the rug and said "oh I guess he wasn't lying that time..." didn't apologize to him or anything. (she had some vision but it was poor-big coke bottle glasses) and that's just to name a few. She also didn't want to spring for the extra money for liquid medication for him so she'd break open his pill and dump it into a spoon and make him take it that way. By law all meds in a foster home
Must be locked, they weren't. Her house was always a mess. Bottles of curdled milk/formula everywhere. She basically only fed the 10 month old sugar cereal, crackers, and whole milk. I was there 8-12 hours a day for 3 months while she basically went out with friends or screamed at her kids. My last day I took a bunch of pictures and went on my merry way. I sure hope those kids are better off. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:07 AM
The neglect had nothing to do with smoking pot, those people are just IDIOTS.

Quoting melakay1981:

Parents smoking pot around a baby and neglect.  I could tell you stories that would make your head spin.

Quoting Anonymous:

For what?

Quoting melakay1981:

Yes I have

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM
For real, but KARMA is a bitch so....

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you did it to be more vindictive versus worrying about the welfare of a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes this new babysitter was supposed to take my kids from my SO one morning.On the first morning after already paying her,she had her 5 year old come to the door at 6am and say that no one was home.She made my man late for work and screwed us out of a babysitter so I called CPS on her for leaving her kid home alone.If she wasn't she shouldn't have told her child to lie and had integrity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:16 AM
DID YOU ASK??????????
When CPS shows on your doorsteps.......
UGH some people..like you just really get my goat.

Quoting Anonymous:

the lady didn't come to the door. The only thing we saw was a 5 year old child saying her mommy wasn't home so no, we had every right to call CPS.If the lady lied to get out of caring for our Kid thats on her. She shouldn't have lied.An Adult never came to the door at all while we were there. NO not ashamed she got what she deserved for lying IF in fact she was lying.I think you missed reading comprehension. I NEVER wrote that we KNEW she was home. 

Quoting Amyinthesky:

You said she had the child come to the door, so she was in fact home. Yeah it was shitty what she did to you but you just fucked her life not just her morning. Children are off limits . What you did was unbelievably petty CPS is around for real situations. You should be ashamed of this, Just wow!

Quoting Anonymous:

yes this new babysitter was supposed to take my kids from my SO one morning.On the first morning after already paying her,she had her 5 year old come to the door at 6am and say that no one was home.She made my man late for work and screwed us out of a babysitter so I called CPS on her for leaving her kid home alone.If she wasn't she shouldn't have told her child to lie and had integrity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:20 AM
What **IF** Mommy was sick?
You are a douche bag.

Quoting Anonymous:

the lady didn't come to the door. The only thing we saw was a 5 year old child saying her mommy wasn't home so no, we had every right to call CPS.If the lady lied to get out of caring for our Kid thats on her. She shouldn't have lied.An Adult never came to the door at all while we were there. NO not ashamed she got what she deserved for lying IF in fact she was lying.I think you missed reading comprehension. I NEVER wrote that we KNEW she was home. 

Quoting Amyinthesky:

You said she had the child come to the door, so she was in fact home. Yeah it was shitty what she did to you but you just fucked her life not just her morning. Children are off limits . What you did was unbelievably petty CPS is around for real situations. You should be ashamed of this, Just wow!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Once as a mandated reporter.
fairy_fan
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I called APS on my DHs family for neglect of GMIL.  Nothing happened.

I called DCFS on BILs wife due to her doctor hopping and constantly taking her kids to the doctor hoping they would have some deadly illness or huge disability.  (Munchausen by proxy)  She still takes them to the ER every time they get the sniffles, but at this time she isn't trying to find a doctor that will tell her that the kids are dying.

i was accused of calling Section 8 on my SDs BM but it really wasn't me.  Someone needed to call because BM was claiming my SD and 2 granddaughters were living with her when she lived an hour away with her husband, was claiming she had legal custody of one of her daughters and that daughter lived with her when in fact that daughter was living with a friend and neither of her parents, and finally, she wasn't reporting that she was married and he lived there.  She lost her section 8.  

mommasbabies77
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:23 AM
A guy I used to babysit for. I would find used condoms and his used underwear in his daughters' bed. There was no woman in the home besides me and yuck. Coupled with the emotional and behavior issues along with the physical signs of abuse with his daughters, I called children services. Luckily, the guy was arrested on another charge a few weeks later and the girls were removed from the home after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Nope. I won't unless I know a child is being abused or neglected. Too many people abuse CPS and it's ashame.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)