Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I had an abortion because my bf was dying of cancer

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I knew I couldn't raise a child alone at the time and he didn't want me to either. He paid for it and drove me there and picked me up. He has since passed and I don't regret our decision one bit.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Replies (41-50):
Kristanna
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I would also want a piece of my son to live on through a grandchild.

Quoting usmc.momma:

Because their son is dying of cancer and he has created a child... I would want my dying son's child even if his girlfriend was too selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

why would they have a say in the first place? I wouldn't consult my family before getting an abortion let alone the father's family.

not to say i would ever get an abortion but this seemed kind of obvious.

Quoting ShannyLouisiany:

his family didn't object? offer to help? anything?

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Sounds like it's what was best for you at the time. Sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Sorry for your loss of your bf.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

hodgkins lymphoma we were together 4 years I was the one who found the lump in his neck. his passing was awful, he was in a coma for four weeks complete organ failure. I miss him to this day.

Quoting lauraschatz:

Wow, you pro-lifers will bash anyone.
Sorry you had to go through that. That must have been awful.
What kind of cancer did he have? Were you with him long before he was diagnosed? How far along was he when he was diagnosed(what stage)? It must have been really hard to be young and dealing with a decision & issues that big. :(

Letha
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Same here! You took the words right out of my mouth!

Quoting usmc.momma:

I could never do that. Even if I raised the baby alone, at least I'd have a piece of him forever :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andreamarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Quoting Crysrey1:

Idk what to say!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachellee12
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

You're welcome. Completely understandable. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, ever. Just remember the times you had, and live the rest of your life as much as you can!! Take care.

Quoting Anonymous:

thank you, I can't tell you how long we both talked about it, cried over it, I still remember when we both came to the agreement that we would do what was best it hurt so bad, then to lose him as well, it was a terrible part of my life.

Quoting Rachellee12:

I am glad you both were mature enough to make that decision. Sorry for your loss, it sounds as though you and your bf were pretty serious.

*hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Not really. My older brother paid for his ex to get an abortion so she wanted to go to college instead of having his baby and i think that really fucked him up. She demanded that he pay and take her and, being the good ol' boy he is, he didn't fight her. Or maybe he was too crushed that she didn't want to have his baby that he just wanted to be over with it. He was only 18 and dumped his entire savings of about 600$ into it he had been saving up since he started working that year. With how hard working he was, if she had completed the pregnancy and gave him the baby, he might have been a half-decent single dad. I think he would have preferred that but, there's no way of knowing now and i wouldn't dare bring it up to him again.

Not to say you did this to your boyfriend but, it made my heart sink to remember what that did to him.
It only speaks volumes if you know the man doing it.

Quoting Anonymous:

it was a mutual decision he and I decided on, I'm pretty sure him paying for it speaks volumes

Quoting Paperfishies:

Boyfriend/fiancé/significant other, whatever

Quoting Anonymous:

when did I say he was my fiance?

Quoting Paperfishies:

So you had killed a child in which your fiancé could live on through. Nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this

seriously I'm not a son memorial factory, we made the right decision, did you miss where I said it was his choice as well?

lauraschatz
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM
That is horrible. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine lossing someone I was that close to.

Quoting Anonymous:

hodgkins lymphoma we were together 4 years I was the one who found the lump in his neck. his passing was awful, he was in a coma for four weeks complete organ failure. I miss him to this day.

Quoting lauraschatz:

Wow, you pro-lifers will bash anyone.

Sorry you had to go through that. That must have been awful.

What kind of cancer did he have? Were you with him long before he was diagnosed? How far along was he when he was diagnosed(what stage)? It must have been really hard to be young and dealing with a decision & issues that big. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN