Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have decided not to vaccinate: whats truly in those needles!

Posted by   + Show Post

My DS has had two shots, one at 8 weeks and one at 8 months. Hes now 16 months and late for his 12month and nearly due for his 18 month needles.

SO and myself sat down last night and decided that we WILL NOT be vaccinating anymore for our DS and future child.

Our main reason was because of this crap in those needles.

Vaccines

Who Makes Them,
and What’s In Them?

Compiled by Dawn Winkler
Concerned Parents for Vaccine Safety

The following is a description of the various chemical compounds added to vaccines for stability and other marketing purposes that have nothing to do with children's health.  The information was obtained from the 1997 Physician's Desk Reference.  This is a representative, not a comprehensive, list of various types of vaccines.  For several entries, there are direct phone numbers.

Common vaccines and their production details

BIAVAX

Rubella and mumps virus vaccine live.  Merck & Company, Inc., 1-800-672-6372.  Produced using neomycin, sorbitol, and hydrolyzed gelatin.  Medium:  human diploid cells originating from human aborted fetal tissue.

DPT

Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids acellular pertussis vaccine adsorbed.  SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, 1-800-366-8900, extension 5231.  Produced using aluminum phosphate, formaldehyde, ammonium sulfate, washed sheep red blood cells, glycerol, sodium chloride, and thimerosal.*  Medium:  porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein.

FLUSHIELD

Influenza Virus Vaccine, Trivalent, Types A & B.  Wyeth-Ayerst, 1-800-934-5556.  Produced using gentamicin sulfate, formaldehyde, po!ysorbate 80, tri(n) butylphosphate,  and thimerosal.*  Medium:  chick embryos.

FLU VIRIN

Influenza Virus Vaccine.  Medeva Pharmaceuticals, 1 -888-MEDEVA (716- 274-5300).  Produced using embroyonic fluid (chicken egg), neomycin, polymyxin, thimerosal,* and betapropiolactone.  Medium:  embryonic fluid (chicken egg).

HAVRIX

Hepatitis A.  SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, 1-800-366-8900, extension 5231.  Produced using formalin, aluminum hydroxide, phenoxyethanol (antifreeze), polysorbate 20, and residual MRC5 proteins (from medium).  Medium:  human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue).

IM0 VAX

Rabies Vaccine Adsorbed.  Connaught Laboratories, 1-800-822-2463.  Produced using human albumin, neomycin sulfate, and phenol red indicator.  Medium:  human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue).

IPOL

Inactivated Polio Vaccine.  Connaught Laboratories, 1-800-822-2463.  Produced using three types of polio virus, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol (anti-freeze), neomycin, streptomycin, and polymyxin B.  Medium:  VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells.

MERUVAX II

Rubella Virus Vaccine Live.  Merck & Company, 1-800-672-6372.  Produced using neomycin, sorbitol, and hydrolyzed gelatin.  Medium:  human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue).

M-R VAX

Measles and Rubella Virus Vaccine Live.  Merck & Company, 1-800-672-6372. Produced using neomycin, sorbitol, and hydrolyzed gelatin.  Mediums:  M & M -- chick embryo.  Rubella -- human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue).

MMR

Measles Mumps Rubella Live Virus Vaccination.  Merck & Company, 1-800-672-6372.  Produced using sorbitol, neomycin, and hydrolyzed gelatin.  Mediums:  M & M -- chick embryo.  Rubella -- human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue).

MUMPSVAX

Mumps Virus Vaccine Live.  Merck & Company, 1-800-672-6372.  Produced using neomycin, sorbitol, and hydrolyzed gelatin.  Medium:  human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue).

ORIMUNE

Poliovirus Vaccine Live Oral Trivalent.  Lederle Laboratories, 1-800-934-5556.  Produced using three types of attenuated polioviruses, streptomycin, neomycin, calf serum, and sorbitol.  Medium:  monkey kidney cell culture.

Rabies Vaccine Adsorbed

SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, 1-800-366-8900, extension 5231.  Produced using betapropiolactone, aluminum phosphate, sodium ethylmercurithiosalicyate (thimerosal),* and phenol red.  Medium:  fetal rhesus monkey lung cells.

RECOMBIVAX

Hepatitis B Vaccine Recombinant.  Merck & Company, 1-800-672-6372.  Produced using thimerosal* and aluminum hydroxide.  Medium:  yeast (residual; less than 1 percent yeast protein).

VARIVAX

Varicella Virus Vaccine Live.  Merck & Company, 1-800-672-6372.  Produced using sucrose, phosphate, glutamate, and processed gelatin.  Medium:  human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue).

* Warning:  Thimerosal is a chemical compound that contains 49.6 percent mercury as a preservative.  Mercury is one of the most dangerous toxins known to scientists.  This is 100 times the exposure that the Environmental Protection Agency's Poison Control Center guidelines consider safe for the average-sized infant, as mercury is known to cause neurotoxicity and brain damage that mirrors the symptoms of autism.  For more information, see the website of Concerned Parents for Vaccine Safety.

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/public_health/vaccine_who_how.htm

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM

So you and your SO will not be getting vaccinate anymore? What about your child?

krunchykorn
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:10 AM

All of us. Im fully vaccinated so is SO but from today on we wont be vaccinating anyone of our children or ourselves

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

So you and your SO will not be getting vaccinate anymore? What about your child?

Mamaknowsbest26
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Your choice. I vaccinate and DH and myself are fully vaccinated and up to date as well. I think immunizations are what is best for myself and my family. You have your right to say otherwise and to choose differently.

Have you developed plans to help prevent the communicable diseases the vaccines help prevent?

krunchykorn
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:15 AM

we are doing up a bit of a plan to limit our DS to disease and illness.. not sure how to start though.

Quoting Mamaknowsbest26:

Your choice. I vaccinate and DH and myself are fully vaccinated and up to date as well. I think immunizations are what is best for myself and my family. You have your right to say otherwise and to choose differently.

Have you developed plans to help prevent the communicable diseases the vaccines help prevent?

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Good for you! As long as you made an informed choice and did your research, then you are doing the right thing. Whatever works for you and your family.

popomill
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a hot topic in my boyfriends family. It's kind of funny because everyone in his family has all had their shots except for three of his cousins. I personally don't care who gets their shots and who doesn't because all I know is that my son will get his and he will NEVER get Chicken pox, Measles, Mumps, Whooping cough, Polio and everything else they vaccinate for. And as for me, I never had the chicken pox growing up, so when I got vaccinated for it later on, it could save my life because if you never get chicken pox and you get it as an adult you have a higher risk of death. That's great that you don't want to vaccinate your child just so long as you don't go around trying to convince everyone else of the same thing (and I know your not with this post).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Table 1. Thimerosal Content of Vaccines Routinely Recommended for Children 6 Years of Age and Younger

Vaccine Tradename
(Manufacturer)
Thimerosal Status Concentration**(Mercury) Approval Date for Thimerosal Free or Thimerosal / Preservative Free (Trace Thimerosal)*** Formulation
DTaP Infanrix
(GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals)
Free Never contained more than a trace of thimerosal, approval date for thimerosal-free formulation 9/29/2000
Daptacel
(Sanofi Pasteur, Ltd)
Free Never contained Thimerosal
Tripedia
(Sanofi Pasteur, Inc)
Trace(≤0.3 µg Hg/0.5mL dose) 03/07/01
DTaP-HepB-IPV Pediarix
Free Never contained more than a Trace of Thimerosal, approval date for thimerosal-free formulation 1/29/2007
DTaP-IPV/Hib Pentacel (sanofi pasteur Ltd.) Free Approved June 20, 2008, never contained thimerosal
DTaP-IPV KINRIX (Glaxo SmithKline Biologicals) Free Approved October 8, 2009, never contained thimerosal
Pneumococcal conjugate Prevnar
(Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc)
Prevnar 13 (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc.) Free Approved February 24, 2010, never contained thimerosal
Inactivated Poliovirus IPOL
(Sanofi Pasteur, SA)
Varicella (chicken pox) Varivax
(Merck & Co, Inc)
Mumps, measles, and rubella M-M-R-II
(Merck & Co, Inc)
Mumps, measles, rubella and varicella ProQuad (Merck & Co., Inc.) Free Approved September 6, 2005, never contained thimerosal.
Heptatitis A Havrix (GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals) Free Never contained thimerosal
Vaqta (Merck & Co., Inc.) Free Never contained thimerosal
Hepatitis B Recombivax HB
(Merck & Co, Inc)
Free 08/27/99
Engerix B
Free 03/28/00, approval date for thimerosal-free formulation 1/30/2007
Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate (Hib) ActHIB
(Sanofi Pasteur, SA)
OmniHIB
(GlaxoSmithKline)
PedvaxHIB
(Merck & Co, Inc)
Free Approval date for thimerosal free formulation 08/99
HIBERIX (GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals) Free Approved August 19, 2009, never contained thimerosal
Hib/Hepatitis B combination Comvax
(Merck & Co, Inc)

Seasonal Trivalent

Influenza

Fluzone (multi-dose presentation)
(Sanofi Pasteur, Inc)
0.01% (12.5 µg/0.25 mL dose, 25 µg/0.5 mL dose)2
Fluzone (single-dose presentation)
(Sanofi Pasteur, Inc)3
Free 12/23/2004
Fluvirin (multi-dose presentation)
(Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Ltd)
0.01% (25 µg/0.5 mL dose)
Fluvirin (single dose presentation)
(Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Ltd)
(Preservative Free)
Trace (<1ug Hg/0.5mL dose) 09/28/01
Fluarix (single-dose presentation) (GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals) Free Approved 10/19/09, never contained thimerosal

Afluria (multi-dose presentation)

(CSL Limited)

0.01% (24.5 µg/0.5 mL dose)
Afluria (single-dose presentation) (CSL Limited) Free Approved 11/10/09, never contained thimerosal
Seasonal Influenza, live FluMist
(MedImmune Vaccines, Inc)
Rotavirus RotaTeq (Merck and Co., Inc.) Free Approved February 3, 2006, never contained thimerosal
Rotarix (GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals) Free Approved April 3, 2008, never contained thimerosal

** Thimerosal is approximately 50% mercury (Hg) by weight. A 0.01% solution (1 part per 10,000) of thimerosal contains 50 µg of Hg per 1 mL dose or 25 µg of Hg per 0.5 mL dose.
*** The term "trace" has been taken in this context to mean 1 microgram of mercury per dose or less.
1 HibTiITER was also manufactured in thimerosal-preservative containing multidose vials but these were no longer available after 2002.
2 Children 6 months old to less than 3 years of age receive a half-dose of vaccine, i.e., 0.25 mL; children 3 years of age and older receive 0.5 mL.
3 A trace thimerosal containing formulation of Fluzone was approved on 9/14/02 and has been replaced with the formulation without thimerosal.

Mamaknowsbest26
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Start by developing extremely diligent and religious hand washing practices. Start teaching him now to always wash his hands. Teach good practices of covering coughs and sneezes. The diseases I would worry about would be Hep A, Pneumococcal, Menegitis, Tetanus, Pertussis.

Obviously you don't need to worry about Hep B with a toddler unless he is running around the streets at night barebacking $2.00 hookers. Polio is also kind of irrelevant. Chicken Pox, Measles, Mumps and Rubella are not dangerous to a certain extent. Influenza can easily be treated with home remedies.

Quoting krunchykorn:

we are doing up a bit of a plan to limit our DS to disease and illness.. not sure how to start though.

Quoting Mamaknowsbest26:

britni11
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Quoting Karatemomof4333:

http://shotbyshot.org/pertussis/kaliahs-story/
Benefits outweigh the risks...

There is also a story about a baby dying in the hospital after being given a hep b shot. pertussis is the least effective shot around, everyone I know who has had whooping cough has also had the vaccine, so if you are going to get it anyway, why put the toxins in your kids bodies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM
She said he got his first set baby had no side effects sO in her case very low risk. I like how some risk there children's lives over lies and fear that is misplaced.

Quoting Karatemomof4333:

http://shotbyshot.org/pertussis/kaliahs-story/

Benefits outweigh the risks...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN