Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

controversial opinions, people who piss you off, etc

post them here.

i'll start: i think any mom who will disown their child for being gay, dating outside their race, etc., should be sterilized

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:35 AM
7 moms liked this

some christians need to realize that saying it's your way or the highway is NOT bringing people to jesus at all

you represent jesus. jesus was not a pusher of beliefs. he was tolerant, he was kind, he did not judge.

quit claiming to be like christ if all you do is sit on a high horse and judge those who don't share your beliefs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:35 AM
2 moms liked this

don't care.  don't break the law, it's really not that hard.

Quoting elijahXmom:

So what about those who did their time and do NOT know how to live out side a war zone and can't get work because of a background check or the that have lost or never impersonal skills because of their dehumanizion? Lock them back up?

Quoting Anonymous:

American prisoners are the biggest pussy whiners on the planet.  I feel no sympathy for any guilty person behind bars, regardless of their complaints.

emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:36 AM
3 moms liked this

seriously?

he shouldn't have fucked up. but i will say something else about jail (well, the system in general)

it's a damn shame someone can get a longer sentence selling dope than they do for driving drunk and killing someone. these laws need to be reformed as well

Quoting kellieknits:

So I was watching Lockup tonight while I was working on a scarf, and I swear to you, this guy was talking about how subhuman the conditions were.  Granted, some of his complaints were semi valid (he was in Tent City in AZ), but his big one, that he even pulled a guard aside to discuss was that they didn't have adequate tv channels and he didn't get to see a basketball game that week.  Waaaahhhhh!

Quoting emeraldangel20:

here's another one:

our prisons (America) need to quit being fucking hotels and go back to being prisons. it's a shame that prisoners get out, then they commit a crime so they can get back in because their life is better in jail.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Liars
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I dislike moms who don't vaccinate.
I dislike abortions.
I dislike Canadians.
I dislike moms who make there own laundry soap. What's the point
I don't like breastfeeding mothers who think its the only way.

I actually save about 500.00 a year making my own laundry soap and fabroc softener as well as most household cleaners. We have a bog family and go through a lot of laundry soap. And 500.00 dollars is 500.00 dollars....it also seems to work better and keep clothes softer. Those are my reasons for it....

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM
2 moms liked this

My brothers have been in and out of prison their entire adult lives. I agree to a point. On the one hand, the one who got out most recently had cable, and his own "room" with his own TV with that cable. On the other hand, prisons are supposed to be about rehabilitation and it's proven that those prisons which treat their prisoners badly only end up turning out more criminals. 

I think a balance needs to be found. I don't think they need TV at all in prison. If the prisoners want to be entertained, they can read. Or learn something. Both of my brothers have learned trades in prison, and one of them is now a chef because of what he learned while he was in. The other one, who just got out a few months ago, has a bunch of plumbing, construction and electrician's certificates that he received while inside. 

What they do need is a lot more therapy. I think that required group and individual therapy is the only way we're going to get most of our first time offenders to stop doing what they're doing. If they can understand why they're doing it, and have help finding the resources to prevent them from committing crimes, they might be better off. But unfortunately most of them don't go back to committing crimes because their life is easier in prison, they do it because it's virtually impossible for someone who has been in prison to lead a normal life on the outside. 

I mean really, if you're a convicted felon, do you know how hard it is to get a job? If you go so long without anything, how long until you remember how easy "easy money" is, and how incredibly boring prison is? In my experience with my brothers, that time is usually less than 5 months. 

Quoting emeraldangel20:

here's another one:

our prisons (America) need to quit being fucking hotels and go back to being prisons. it's a shame that prisoners get out, then they commit a crime so they can get back in because their life is better in jail.

kellieknits
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Yes, it does, but to bitch about missing a basketball game was just bratty.  Complain about the tent city, fine, I understand that probably sucks big hairy ones, but missing a basketball game because your dumbass is locked up, uh, no.  

Quoting Adamsmommy602:

I'm from Phoenix tent city is tough in my opinion. It gets so hot here but whatever they got them self there.

Quoting kellieknits:

So I was watching Lockup tonight while I was working on a scarf, and I swear to you, this guy was talking about how subhuman the conditions were.  Granted, some of his complaints were semi valid (he was in Tent City in AZ), but his big one, that he even pulled a guard aside to discuss was that they didn't have adequate tv channels and he didn't get to see a basketball game that week.  Waaaahhhhh!

Quoting emeraldangel20:

here's another one:

sunangel803
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Hahaha...people love to hide behind that anonymous mask when they say they are being "honest." :)
emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:38 AM
3 moms liked this

here's another one i hate (prison related...again)

for the loved ones of prisoners: i get you miss your person. but knowing they did wrong yet saying "let my baby daddy out!" makes you look like a dumbass

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:38 AM
5 moms liked this

my biggest thing is people of any type with any type of opinion who are willing to sit there and talk major shit and call names and act like three year olds because someones opinions are different or because you are a different type of person, seriously? its dumb

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)