Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How the heck can you homeschool your kids when you can't write a coherent sentence yourself?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Aaargh! It annoys me to no end. Yes, as parents you should have a say in your child's education, but that does not mean that you should homeschool if you are barely educated yourself. I just wish there was some sort of accountability when it comes to homeschooling.

"We home school 'em. I teach the big ones, and the big ones teach the little ones, but nobody taught me, so the whole thing is an exercise in futility. " Cletus

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:15 AM
Replies (1731-1737):
alc4evermom
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM

As apposed to being taught to be good consumers?  Education in America is based on teaching consumerism.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Whoa!  necrobump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM

*opposed

Quoting alc4evermom:

As apposed to being taught to be good consumers?  Education in America is based on teaching consumerism.  

HappyHomestead
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

reading

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Well who is it then?

Quoting HappyHomestead:

reading

MomTo3NMW
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I wonder this all the time!!! I feel so bad for the kids! 

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM
In my state, home schoolers are required to take a state approved exam every year. If they fall below one full grade level from where they should be the parents are required to seek testing in learning disabilities, if I remember correctly. My daughter tested one full grade level ahead of where she should be last year. I have only a high school education. It doesn't seem to be affecting my ability to teach my daughter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN